5.19.2008

today's lack of accomplishments

i intended to unpack today. it didn't get done.

i intended to have a hearty workout. it didn't get done.

i intended to survive the day without air conditioning. its part of my "i need a month without heat or air in the spring." it didn't get done. i was going into heat exhaustion, when holly said "just turn on the air, you'll feel better." amazing how right she was. seriously - i was so hot, i thought i was getting sick.

i intended to clean up the makeup (bronzing powder) that i dropped and ruined while packing in a rush to get to holly's house on friday. it didn't get done. mess is still there. shameful!

here's a couple of things that i did today:
  • eye appointment. new contacts ordered.
  • lunch with tiburon & girls. and a few errands. this was definitely the highlight of the day.
  • finished my book.
  • layed on the couch (for way longer than i want to admit) and watched the hummingbirds come and go. it made me smile every time. this was mostly while i was super hot.
  • my new blackberry arrived. am semi-comfortable with it now. i still can't figure out how to change the text message received settings. that's driving me a little nutty.
  • realized how much i miss being able to talk to my mom and dad whenever i want. (all of you people with a husband & family - appreciate that someone cares what you're doing, everyday.)
  • survive the day without dr pepper. wow! cheer for me people.
  • continue to have the world's weakest arms & sore shoulder. apparently my arms have zero muscle, under all that flab. this weekend, with holding two of my favorite boys - i was goo. then, throw in some Wii - i was near tears. in fact, last night, when i got home and opened all windows in my house, i was in tears. i have got to get in shape. cause not being able to lift my right arm is embarrassing.
tomorrow's list:
  1. get up before 8 am. but not before 7 am.
  2. unpack from my weekend o' fun.
  3. email in n out & beg them to open in the salt lake area. (for an entertaining account of last night's experience, read here...)
  4. do a kickboxing dvd. before lunch
  5. walk 10,000 steps on the treadmill
  6. hit the post office to mail some mary kay

9 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a good day to me!

100 Percent Cottam said...

we got back from our trip LAST MONDAY. guess when i unpacked? today. and i also did laundry for the first time in 2 weeks. oh my gravy. it's a mess in here.

Tiburon said...

Funny, cause lunch with YOU was the highlight of MY day!! :)

Jori said...

Let's have a looksy at this new blackberry.

No. Utah does need an in n out. I will write in for you too. I really want a training table down here. Ryan mocks me because he thinks they suck. Whatever! their cheese fries and dipping sauce can't be beat.

Holly O. said...

I haven't had In-N-Out yet. But maybe today...

Melissa said...

You were VERY productive...good for you.

And can I get an AMEN on the In-n-Out Burger moving to SLC?

Jan said...

I loved it that you hit the road to help Holly out -- you're the best. Don't be hard on yourself - -sounds to me like you get a LOT done!

MiaKatia said...

Too funny! If I made a post of all the things I didn't get done it would be awfully long. But really you did get a lot done.

kristi lee said...

LOVED the In-n-Out story! Seriously, I don't have any sisters so can I adopt you as mine???!!!