5.06.2008

some of my favorite musicians have new stuff coming out!!!

a) Death Cab for Cutie has a new album releasing next week. CAN'T WAIT. So far, I'm reading good reviews. Death Cab is one of my all time favorite bands. I love when they have new albums come out. I haven't found a Death Cab song that I don't like so far. Some I love more than others, but they're all good!

b) Mason Jennings has signed with Bonfire Records (Jack Johnson's label) and will be releasing a new album sometime this month. I'm so excited. I love Mason. I've meant to blog about him for forever and a day. I don't know why I haven't. He's a unique sound, in my opinion. At first when I heard him, I crinkled my face & thought "what the?" But he's fun, funny & I quickly fell in love. A few of my favorite songs of his: Bullet (naughty language, be warned,) Be Here Now, Keepin' It Real, Butterfly, & California Part II(that's a cover...but you get the point). I expect great things from his new album. I've heard him in concert, he's great live, too. In fact, I want to post a you tube video... Enjoy

9 comments:

tara said...

wow. I'm a hip musical idiot. Never heard of that dude, but that song was fun:)

Heather said...

I love Death Cab For Cutie"s" too hahahahahahaha!!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooh, yeah! new death cab, baby! i didn't know about that one. thanks for the good info, chicky.

Christie said...

I didn't know about the death cab one either, but I'm excited. They're definitley one of my favs.

Brittany said...

I love death cab. Not as much as the shins but pretty close. I am going to there concert on the 24th in Bend. I heard they would be in Utah on the 25th or 26th. You should like into it!

Hayley said...

see, i think the shins have a couple of good songs, but i think i've decided that i don't like them in general. like i'm not a huge fan. natalie, please still love me at saying that! ;)

Brittany said...

i must correct mistakes in my blog comments. wish I could change them. Their concert not there concert. anyway, you should go to a shins concert sometime they are just really chill and fun.

Dad said...

Try a listen to Mason Williams' "Glassical Gas", ain't nothing like music from the 60's and 70's, the Golden Age of Rock.

Tiburon said...

Never heard of that guy either. But I love new music!! :)