5.05.2008

my favorite monday


This is supposed to be about my favorite picture of my mom. I just got a new one from Holly from this weekend that I'm going to save for actual Mother's Day. I do have a couple of pictures on my mom's parents. My grandma died the day I got baptized. She was sick for most of my life, I remember a few memories of her when she was still in her own house, but due to complications from diabetes, she spent her last few years at my aunt's house. My mom's dad died when my oldest sister was a baby. I don't have many pictures (hint hint momma... get scanning!) of my grandparents, but I do have a few of these. They're not exactly what Tib wanted, but that's what I've got. ;)
Nina & Orville Atkin. not sure on the date. This is my grandma playing in our pool with my sisters.
I never met my mom's dad. But when I was little, my mom was changing a diaper, I think, and talking to me about her dad. She was sad I didn't know him. I said, "But mom, he's the one that pushed me from my cloud." I think I did know him before I came.
And then there's this picture. My parent's wedding. If I get married, I hope to fit into my momma's wedding dress. Its gorgeous. I'll never be as beautiful as she was, but I'll try!

9 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

that ned is a hottie! thanks for sharing those fun pics!

MiaKatia said...

I love all these pictures of our moms and grandmoms!

Jori said...

"If" you get married! You are so getting snatched up. Your mom is so pretty. I can see a little bit of her in all of you girls.

Jan said...

Sweet words and great pictures. Love it.

Tiburon said...

Love the pics! Thanks so much for sharing them - can't wait to see the mother's day pic! Thanks for playing :)

Mom said...

Now that was a walk down memory lane. Thank you, Hayley.

Suzie said...

now if that isn't the cutest grandma I don't know what is.

Heather said...

CUTE pictures Hayley!! Loved them. What's this IF crap about getting married, it's when sister :)

Dad said...

"Hunk a hunk a hunk of burning love..." who is that young stud in the last picture, the guy with no wrinkles, real knees and hair?