5.08.2008

knocked out & scrunchy faces

i took another benadryl around 5 last night. took an oatmeal bath & tried to submerge as much of me as possible. short of dunking myself, i got to the base of my neck. but my head part is probaby the worse. my ears, my nose, my eyes, even my lips are painfully itchy. yes, i have blotchy cheeks right now. i'm sure i look like a beauty queen. moving on, cause i really don't mean to be such a complainer... i took another benadryl a little before 9. i wanted to make sure and sleep, i was feeling pretty itchy/miserable. whoa. i feel asleep a few minutes after 9, no joke. and i am not sure i even turned over once in the night. when my alarm woke me up this morning, it had been going off for 3 minutes. i usually wake up to the click sound of my alarm, before any noise starts. i turned that off & fell back to sleep for an hour (there would be no working out, apparently) getting up was almost dangerous. i almost fell asleep in the shower. who does that? by the time i got to school, i was more awake.

so my little asperger's kid - he often sits and stares at me. if i scrunch my nose, he'll scrunch his nose. if i wink, he'll wink. if i... ok, i think you catch my drift. well, a few minutes ago, i was making what i can only imagine an awful scrunchy/stretchy face. my lips are hurty, my inner nose is hurty, even my ears are hurty. i was trying to move things around, instead of scratching myself raw. i was concentrating quite hard, when i realized that dude watching me. i smiled. he made the same face i had been making, then smiled, too.

oh, you can't even begin to understand how much he warmed my heart. i love that kid. he's a lot of work, but so worth it.

13 comments:

Schagel Family said...

I am sorry about all the itchyness. I am glad that you were able to get some sleep. I hope that it all goes away really soon.

Jori said...

Yikes that sounds so miserable. I love how much you care for your kiddo's. I know they can be a pain, but you always see the good in them.

Heather said...

My lower eyelids iched for about a month when we first moved here. I thought I was going insane!! But then it stopped, yeah for me!! Sorry though that you are all ichy, that sucks. That kid cracks me up!

MiaKatia said...

Argh! I am so sorry about the itchy places. I get itchy places on my scalp in the spring and fall, but nothing like what you are going through. I really really hope it gets better soon. If I had any suggestions... PS I fall asleep in the shower when I am even remotely tired ;)

Shelley said...

I love that you can find joy with that kid amidst all this pain you're dealing with! Keep it up! :)

The Bunkers said...

Don't be too jealous. There are often times when I wish I only had myself to worry about! :)

Mom said...

You might be his teacher he remembers all his life. I only had a couple that made that great of an impression on me. Take one pill tonight and hope you sleep good.

Christina said...

I can so relate to the itching. I've figured out this year that I've developed photo-sensitivity. And I have hand eczema. I hope it stops soon, but I'm glad you slept so well last night. I wake up itching regularly and it drives me nuts!

Jan said...

I'm a benadryl fan too -- I'm so pooped tonight though I'm not sure I need one! Hope you can get rid of the itches soon - -and love that little boy. He needs it for sure.

Brittany said...

I sure the boys parents are thankful that he has you as a teacher.

Karyn said...

I love the story about the scrunched face. That is so cute. Hope your itching stops soon. ick!

Tiburon said...

He sounds like a great kid! I hope your itchies and scratchies are better :)

Melissa said...

Oh my that sounds quite uncomfortable...itchy and red all over. That sounds fun...