5.15.2008

i took my "big girl pills"

that's in quotes, cause i got it from kim. every time she says it - i giggle.

except for right now. i wanna cry. my parents left to go to florida today to go on another cruise with heidi's family today. at first, i was going to go. then i thought about it... and decided that no single, self supporting teacher with a mortgage & a car payment has any business going on another cruise, her second in 6 months. i could've made it work - financially that is. but it would've been hard. and i would've had to pinch many pennies. and the longer i thought about it, i thought - it'll be hard to miss out. but i decided to take my big girl pills & stay home. i heard from my parents as they were boarding their plane to florida. after i got off the phone, i almost cried. we had so much fun on our (last & only) cruise. i know what i'm missing out on with that crew. but i'll survive.

i'll stay home & get to sleep in my own bed, with my fabulous new mattress & hear no snoring. ever. i'll get to sleep in. no dad waking up at 5ish & then being banished to his window hole. and that's all that i can come up with for the plus side of things. d*^%it. i wish my list was longer. it would be a lot easier.

you know you're growing up (or have turned into an old hag) when you decide to NOT go on a cruise. i'm pretty sure being a kid was better.

now, i'm off to nurse my aching butt & back. i fell on my arse today. i was pissed. i missed my chair. and hit my back HARD on the chair that my hiney didn't make it into. i wish i could say that the kid that i had gotten up to yell at in the first place didn't get yelled at again... but he did. oops. but i was in pain!

12 comments:

Holly O. said...

They'll miss you too.

Shelley said...

It's a good decision for right now. :) There will be other trips, other cruises. You definitely will be missed! How could you not be?

Schagel Family said...

Sorry that you don't get to go on the cruis with the fam. I totally understand about the snorring thing. My dad is the same way.
That really stinks about falling on your butt and hurting your back. I hope it feels better soon.

Jori said...

Ouch! Missing a chair? That just made my bum hurt. Sorry you missed the cruise. You are super responsible.

100 Percent Cottam said...

man, that is how you KNOW you're a real grown up girl, when you turn down a cruise! good woman, hayley. hope your back/bootie are feeling better...

tara said...

oh dang. I forgot about your dad's window hole. it brings a smile to my face:)

go hang with Tib. She'll make you forget about some lame cruise:)

Heather said...

Sorry Hayley, about hitting your butt and back, I bet that kid DID get a talking to hehe. I know I would have :) Was that little boys name Scott? :)

Heather said...

They will miss you too, no entertainment!!

Hannah said...

I am so sorry! I would be feeling sad too.

If it makes you feel any better...I won't be able to afford a cruise until I am 65.

Jan said...

Amen. I would be sad too -- and with a sore bum/back? Not good. Hope it gets well quickly!

MiaKatia said...

Hope the bum feels better. And sorry about missing the cruise. Maybe you can slap on some extra self tanner and stuff yourself at an all you can eat buffet tonight to make it like you were on the cruise.

Tiburon said...

St George is totally the same as a cruise right?