5.27.2008

food suggestions?!?

Tomorrow night @ 7:00 pm is my Lia Sophia party. If you're reading this & are interested, consider yourself invited. (email me at landslidejones at msn dot com if you need directions and or have questions)

Here's the thing: two weeks ago at my Scentsy party - I had a lot of people come, but people didn't really eat a lot. I way over purchased on the food. And I was force feeding. (don't worry it wasn't anything too fancy - but it was pound cake & fruit topping... and a single girl on a "diet" definitely doesn't need multiple spare loaves of pound cake sitting around) So now, I'm ready to just have a bag of this and this out for people to snack on, so i don't get stuck with a whole bunch of food going to waste. (cause at least this stuff I can put in a plastic bag & snack on it later)

I don't want to be a lame party thrower - but I also don't want tons o' leftovers - it goes to waste at my house... or gets eaten up unnecessarily.

Anyone have any fabulous suggestions of something a) easy & quick to prepare. b)healthy enough that if I'm stuck with leftovers, it won't throw off my "diet" too badly.

and yes, diet is used here in quotes because i'm using the term very loosely. I am trying to eat better, healthier, less... but mostly I'm just really working on exercising. (and less dr pepper!)

9 comments:

Holly O. said...

chips and salsa are always good and easy. Get the fresh salsa from the deli counter. yum. ummmm, cheese and crackies?

Mia said...

Holly suggestions sound good. I always over buy food too and regret it when I am the only one eating it for the rest of the week.

Tiburon said...

How about a veggie tray? Carrots, celery, broccoli, peapods. Stuff like that?

Jori said...

fruit salad(the recipe I posted a couple of days ago is SO good)

Jan said...

Fruit kabobs? Maybe a few of them. Then you'd have fruit left over to snack on. Pretzels with dip?

100 Percent Cottam said...

i have no suggestions, just wanted to see what everyone else had in mind. sounds yum to me!

Heather said...

What about some cut up fruit and a fruit dip? Always delicious. Chips salsa, you could even MAKE the salsa, it's super easy and pretty cheap really.

Suzie said...

I say buy stuff you love and will eat and share it with friends/customers.
Costco is my party savior. You can never go wrong.

Heather said...

How did it go tonight? Did you make that dip or not?