5.21.2008

did you know...

that up until about a week ago, i had never purchased these before in my life?!?i've never been a huge potato person. i much prefer rice. or i should put that in the past tense. if given the choice at a restaurant, i'd always picked french fries. still probably would, if it weren't for biggest loser. now i might do a salad, or rice, cause rice seams healthier. i don't know. i'll stop babbling now & get back to the point.

but since i developed a strong love for sour cream, i've tried a few new things. baked potatoes are something i've seen people sour cream before. yes, i did just use sour cream as a verb. like it. so, while i wish i could confess that my new love for this delicious meal didn't include so much "junk" - i can't. i put a lil' butter on it. and lots o' cheese. and ham. and every bite is lubed up with sour cream. but shut up, cause at least the base of the meal is a vegetable, which didn't used to happen!!! really, this is just a means to an end. a sour cream end.

yeah. so i bought a bag of potatoes. i have one about every other day these days. i had to call my parents twice while baking the first one. and no, i'm not retarded. and no, i'm not a terrible cook. i just had never done one before, so it was new. and when things are new to jonesy, i ask questions. i'm really just a very inquisitive person. and yes, the buzzer on my oven just beeped. so i have less than one minute to get the goodies out & organized. mhmmm!!!

12 comments:

Jori said...

I am loving the potato right now too. I have been topping them with black bean chicken chilli. MMmmm. I am sucking big time on biggest loser. Ever since my derm. called today I have been eating like a hog. I have had krispie kremes and salt and vinegar chips. Ughh! Weigh in is going to suck.

Holly O. said...

Potatoes are my friend. Besties. I've always like potatoes better than rice. When did you start salting your rice, by the way??? I am evil.

Emily J. said...

Yum potatoes! My mom grew up in Idaho so we had potatoes for every meal.

Shelley said...

I am a potato freak. I will eat them however you serve them to me. You can also put them in the microwave for 5-10 min and that bakes them too. :)

Jan said...

Oh, I'm a huge baked potato and sour cream fan -- but I'm with you Hayley. I only like it loaded up! So yummy!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i always buy a bag, use what i need for one meal, forget about them and end up throwing them away. time after time after time.

Christina said...

I'm a potato lover. I also love hyper Hayley. I hope you rocked it on the treadie this morning. Your posts just make me smile (that is when I'm not doubled over laughing).

Mia said...

We are having taters on Sunday and you better believe that mine will be sour creamed up!

Holly O. said...

Shelley is right, you can do the micro. But, in the oven is SO MUCH BETTER. Do you eat the skin? If so, the oven is definitely the way to go for a little crunch.

Suzie said...

hey, everyone has questions.

My question.
Really?

Heather said...

I love potatoes, we will all love potatoes a little more when the rice shortage kicks in. Have you noticed the grocery store shelves lately? Scary. Love the potatoes in the oven, yummy. Topped with chili is the best :)

Carter Family said...

I LIVE FOR POTATOES!!! JUST CALL ME SPUD.