5.07.2008

all of my itchy places

as of last night, i was officially breaking out into my yearly spring rash. i don't know why i'm so "blessed" with this condition, but it seems to be. this is the first year i haven't panicked & wondered what was eating me alive. i've made peace with the fact that when its time to start opening windows, i'm going to start having crawling skin.

here's a few of my itchy, rashed out places:
  • inner eye lids
  • under my finger nails
  • anywhere and i mean anywhere there is hair. (insert your own eyebrow raise)
  • my heels
  • the pads of my fingers
  • elbows
it is kinda painful. my skin is super sensitive, on my way home tonight i will be buying some oatmeal bath. that helps bring relief. anywhere i scratch, leaves almost bloody scratches. you do not want to see my belly right now. it looks like a violent crime has happened.

note to self for the future: don't take a benadryl at 8am. it makes the morning painful. i was so drowsy today i couldn't read to my students. it was making me nauseated. i will have to only take benadryl in the evenings & stick to claritin for mornings. yikes!

9 comments:

The Bunkers said...

Hi Hayley!! Of course I remember you! How could I ever forget all the fun and crazy times we had with Brie all trying to become teachers! You're blog is great. I'm glad you are still teaching. It's been 7 years now, since we graduated!?? Crazy. I taught 2nd grade for 6 years and loved it, but am loving being at home even more. Hope your "ichyness" goes away eventually. :) Let's keep in touch! If you are ever in Vegas, let me know! -janel

Mom said...

Allergies can be very uncomfortable and you never know when they are going to attack. I reactions in Salt Lake last week myself. Something is in the air. I worked in the yard yesterday and expected some problems but only had sore muscles.

Jan said...

Oh yeah - -I'm a benadryl-at-night kind of person. Hope those itchies clear up soon - I have done the same thing when we lived in other places. Not here, so far - -knock on wood!

Holly O. said...

All your itchy places...I love the violent crime comment. I saw this guy last year, I totally remember it! Hope you feel better soon.

Tiburon said...

I am so sorry puddin. I hope you are all better in time for our date! Oh and you were far more descriptive with the places you itched in our conversation earlier. Just want your fans to know that they missed out.

Red Bed Head said...

I was reading your post, my husband walked up noted the title and walked off, "Uh, I don't think I need to be reading that!" A little different than the 5 year old pictures of Brittany and Kate that I had just been looking at.

Jori said...

How did you know I was raising my eyebrow(notice I say eyebrow, have a bit of a uni right now)??? heehee I heart you Hayley! Hope the itchies hit the road.

Shelley said...

Oh you poor thing. You're on the right track with the oatmeal bath, benadryl, and claritin though. Maybe get some prescription strength cortozone cream to stop the itchies too... That stuff ROCKS! I hope they go away soonly!

Kristi said...

Inside your eyelids? Shiz woman--that sucks. How do you itch under your fingernails? :) You still make me laugh even with all your itchy bits...