4.06.2008

what a weekend

good friends, good foods, and good spiritual uplift. i had a fabulous weekend. friday night, tiburon and i hit a quick dinner & movie. good conversations, entertaining movie. saturday morning, i was bawling during the "everybody stands" part. it was touching & special. saturday afternoon, i had a few errands to run & by the time i got home, i'd missed the first hour of the second session. i actually surprised myself, because without thinking, i turned on the dvr & sat down to watch the session. i didn't skip it altogether, or just watch the last part. i watched the whole 2 hour session. and i wasn't doing it cause someone was nagging me to watch it. later on, i realized that & i kinda surprised myself. then, last night, jamie & i hit dinner and came back to my house to watch becoming jane. i've seen that movie no less than 10 times & I still cried! (sorry jamie) then - today, kim came over to watch conference. boy, did we eat well. i made monkey bread (pull aparts to the lay man), deviled eggs, and some heavenly sausage dip. conference ended and our plans to have a spaghetti dinner were a little tainted. we were both extremely full, still. we'd been snacky all day. so we dinked around for a while, talking & watching stuff before we finally had dinner. kim made homemade spaghetti. tasty!!! she just left & now i'm going to follow her example and go to bed early-ish so i can get up in the morning before school to exercise. we'll see if i do it. she will - she's a rock star. all in all - great weekend. peace out people.

16 comments:

Christina said...

Sounds fantastic! Way to watch the full 2 hours via DVR. Hope you have a great workout to start your week tomorrow!

100 Percent Cottam said...

that sounds pretty darn perfect. wish i'd been there to be snacky with you.

Kami said...

I am glad you had a fun weekend! I want to see that movie!

tara said...

um, monkey bread? love that sheesh. good stuff right there.

glad you guys horked out today. nothing better than that. seriously.

Heather said...

I love a piggy day. It really was a great day here too. I made cookies, Scott made dinner. We went for a hike, and we watched some good conference. I love Pres. Ballards talk today.

Suzie said...

well. that makes me want to see the movie.
been avoiding it for several reasons.

good eats!

Julie said...

Hey! Haven't blogged for awhile- sorry! You made me hungry! I loved the movie Becoming Jane. Remind me to tell you later something funny about Aubrie's name that has to do with that movie!

Dad said...

do you all like my new picture? it's almost as good as homemade spiget!

Dad said...

OK, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT "HOMEMADE SPIGET" IS, THAT'S MOUNTAIN TALK FOR "homemade spaghetti".

Jan said...

We were going to do something along the lines of our traditional family Christmas Eve buffet only have it be a Conference buffet -- but with naptimes in there, it just wouldn't work. Yours sounds great!

Tiburon said...

Sounds like the rest of your weekend was great. Mine only went downhill. After spending Friday with you, everything else paled in comparison. Next time I will have to make you the grand finale!

Mom said...

Great weekend and sounds like the food was fabulous. Did you exercise Monday am?

Kristi said...

Hayley, I LOVED Becoming Jane,too. Loved it. Pretty much want to have it's babies :) It sounds like you had one great weekend--you are one lucky gal to have such good friends...

Brittany said...

Monkey bread haven't heard that forever. My Grandma made that back in the day. I haven't had any for ever. Thanks for the memories!!

Brittany said...

Monkey bread haven't heard that forever. My Grandma made that back in the day. I haven't had any for ever. Thanks for the memories!!

Jori said...

Oh my gosh! My dad calls is "Spiget" too! It must be a dad thing.:) Standing suring Solemn Assembly made me cry too. That was very touching.