4.10.2008

self diagnosis

i guess i should come clean a little. part of the reason why i'm willing to drop a couple of thousand bucks for a new bed is because i have a fear. i fear i may have tourette's syndrome. its no secret i can be obscene - at the drop of a hat. in fact, when i met marge, in college, "she" was told i had it & believed it the whole first night we hung out. "she" teases me about it, too. well, lately, as my body has been suffering from a poor mattress, it has started twitching a lot more. in one or two places, i've got an almost constant eye twitch. annoying!!! and then both of my hands have weird nerve feelings, especially in that my thumbs twitch. more on my right side, but sometimes on lefty, too. well, yesterday, at lunch - my friend sue was telling a story. i was listening, but kinda zoning out. out of nowhere, i said out loud "you know what i would really, really enjoy?" but the thing is - i wasn't thinking about something i'd enjoy. i was just kinda spacing out. and i didn't realize i'd even said it out loud until ranae says, "what hayley? what do you want?" i was shocked i'd said it out loud, but i remembered it passing through my thought process. what kinda walking freak of nature am i?!? that's what got me really on the bandwagon to get to the bottom of this twitching problem. either i've got some form of a nerve system problem, like tourette's or i'm just a little nutty from never getting a good, comfortable night's sleep. i'm hoping the mattress fixes the problem. yikes.

8 comments:

Holly O. said...

I love you. The mattress is not the problem. I love you.

Jori said...

You are adorable!

Melissa said...

Get the mattress...but won't you be pissed if you are still twitching after the big purchase!! Hee Hee

Jan said...

The mattress might not solve the problem but who knows? It just might and it will definitely help your back.

100 Percent Cottam said...

you crack me up. i'm sure the mattress will be just the thing.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness. Well, I do think that a mattress will help on some of the numbness issues, but honey on the whole speaking your thoughts...I don't know! You do crack me up however.

Shelley said...

I love you too. I agree with Holly. But enjoy the new bed. Still love you. ;)

As for the eye twitch. Take a B-Vitamin. (Works for my twitch! Oh, it also turns your pee bright yellow, that's normal. Don't be afraid!)

Suzie said...

I *heart* Hayleyisms.