4.14.2008

riggidy-random crap

my bed delivery is set for friday afternoon. momma couldn't be more excited.

in other exciting news - marge and i had a blast on saturday night. her mood (and a few dr peppers) picked my mood right up. i was just tired.

i'm also officially out of the biggest loser, that tiburon organized, starting in january. the race continues to the end of this month. friday, was an incredibly busy day - and even though i remembered to weigh myself, i forgot to send an email to tib - that's the easiest way to get booted off the island. oh wait, wrong reality program. its not the end of the world. i surely wasn't going to win. i never expected to. but in the beginning i did lose 10 pounds. i've gained a great portion of that flab back, and need to get back in action. i swear, working out becomes a very low priority for me, when i'm not sleeping & i'm busy with other areas of life. so. jonesy needs to get back in gear, drinking less dr & getting on the treader. tonight - thats a goal. and some sit ups.

and grading/evaluating the first portion of my student's PALS test. We got trained for it Friday afternoon, and although I think its a fabulous test, its a bit overwhelming & quite tedious. I spent much time this weekend looking through my notes from friday & the "teacher resource books."

oh and the bestest part of my weekend - i finally got my house cleaned. even spring cleaned. i vacuumed things that i haven't vacuumed since last year. (i won't admit to what that might be, it might disgust some) i got through my foot deep pile of mail, i cleaned the kitchen, i dusted, i laundered, i was actually motivated. if someone showed up at my door tonight, i might actually answer it. ha. might not though, so don't hold your breathe. i grounded myself for the weekend (except from going out friday night, saturday night & a whole crap load of errands on saturday.) so mostly - yesterday afternoon. but i got some done on saturday. it is refreshing though - to have a tidier, neater, less cluttered house. i think that's why i'm feeling motivated to exercise.

oh - and - its one of my favorite times of year, when i turn the heat off, its not warm enough for the air - blankets at night, but not 10. waking up to birds chirping. now i just need to get my hummingbird feeder out & i'll be in hog's heaven!

if only the 5 very large & in charge zits on my chin would only clear up.

11 comments:

Hannah said...

I love this weather too! We slept with the window open last night, and other than the 30 minutes of train whistles at 4 am, it was heaven.

Tiburon said...

Hey, if it makes you feel better, I am officially out too. This whole foot thing threw me for a loop. I am glad you and Marge had a nice time and it sounds like you were very productive! Would you like to swing by and give my house a quick spring cleaning? ;)

Jori said...

I'm jacked up on BL too. Cur-sed cancer! Anyway we will all do better. I am glad you got some cleaning done. Our place looks like a hell hole right now. I better get off my keister and get something done.

That will so nice to get your new bed!

Christina said...

Clean house, new bed, fun with Marge, what could be better? Glad you got so much done.

Jan said...

Sounds like a fun weekend to me -- and I too (for some odd reason) got ever-so-slightly motivated and did some dang good housework today. It must be spring!

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about those large and in charge zitters. You make me smile just a bit there. I too got some stuff done around here. But the thing is...I have to do it daily or...we can't move...can't see each other really. It's too smallish here for 6 people, a dog and a bunch o' crappers.

100 Percent Cottam said...

hooray for your productive weekend!!! i love those. can you come clean my house next?

Mia said...

It must be in the air because for the first time in three weeks I am caught up on the laundry, ok mostly caught up. Yeah hurray for a great weekend and your new bed. Enjoy a totally good night sleep, on Friday.

Girl James said...

I got as far as cleaning out drawers and closets and the kitchen. And that's about where I left it. BLEH!

Suzie said...

spring fever only makes me want to PLAY! not clean!
hope your cleanin' is contagious!

Mom said...

Spring has me cleaning out closets and it is so nice to be able to put something in the pantry closet without having to jam it in. Ha
Glad you had a nice weekend. Your new bed will be fabulous.