4.24.2008

a recap on my whining


this guy is from tiburon. she's a favorite of mine these days. she just sent this to me.

i know you have all been holding your breath to hear the updates of my sad and pathetic little life.

*bed situation. best purchase ever. even better than my car. even better than my house. wow. i am sleeping so much better. in fact, i'm just sleeping, period. my alarm is actually waking me up in the mornings. i'm waking up without numb appendages. i've noticed a decrease in twitching fingers. in fact, i haven't noticed any twitching at all. that seems like a bloody miracle. i'm still waking up with lower back pain but that's because of my stomach aches. speaking of that, lets move on...

*this stomach flu. i don't think i mentioned this, but there's an epidemic at my school. i'm not the only one, lots of kids are sick these days with the stomach flu. and lots of teachers, too. i think i'm one of 5 teachers suffering. every one's got the flu like aches and pains, nausea & diarrhea that makes you wanna die. on top of that, just trying to stay hydrated is a chore in and of itself. i'm not drinking dr pepper because soda dehydrates you. but momma wants it so bad. intense cravings there. other than that, i have no will to eat. (seriously, this is a real miracle) i've cut my diet down to a BRAT diet. but to no avail. its not doing me any good. i'm still not doing well. i refuse to go to the doctor, even though i appreciate every one's concern. let me tell you why - a)what the heck is he going to do? tell me i've got a virus & that i need to stay hydrated? thanks buddy, i can figure that out. b)i might get arrested and still have to waste my $30 on a trip to the doctor. see, cause when he tells me nothing, i'm going to deck him. so i am going to just do us all a favor. stay away from the doctors and just whine on my blog. ;)

i feel a little bad for my students. either i'm so weepy that i just wanna grab them all and through my tears tell them how much i love them, or i want to knife their faces off due to extreme grumpiness. luckily i've been more weepy than grumpy, but there have been a few waves. i'm just so glad i have my bed to go home to everyday. who needs a couch, in my opinion.

thanks for indulging me.

8 comments:

Tiburon said...

I can't believe you posted that. I didn't think you would actually do it. But I should have known better. You are HAYLEY after all.

I am glad you are loving the bed. I still need to give it a whirl.

And that stomach bug sounds nastay. And it seems to last for a long time. Not your typical 24 hours stomach bug.

Seriously, stop pooping.

Mom said...

Actually I feel a little better knowing 5 other teachers have the same thing. Sorry for the teacher but thankful it is not something more serious than the flu.
Have a good day. It is almost the weekend.

Jan said...

Yay for the bed -- sounds like that's what you have to look forward to at this point. Hopefully this flu will be gone soon and you can get back to normal.

Mia said...

Yikes that you are still pooping! I am with your mom though that it is kind of reassuring to know that there is "something going around" and not something really crazy wrong with you. Have fun sleeping the weekend away on your sweet new bed, but don't forget to get up for work tomorrow first ;)

Jori said...

I am so glad that bed is helping! Hooray! That is less worrisome if the trots are going around the school. I hope they go away soon.

Kristin Jones said...

I'm so happy about your bed. What a relief. Now the other things...not so happy about those. get better soon!!

100 Percent Cottam said...

aye, chicky! i'm worried about your poor tummy. there has to be something someone can do for you?! surely?!!! crap, man.

thanks for saying knife their faces off. haven't heard that one in a while.

Kristi said...

Oh my word, Hayley, I have missed your blog. Even though I feel bad you are pooping your brains out (that sucks) you made me laugh when you talked about knifing your students faces off...good times, good times.

Your new bed sounds fabulous...