4.19.2008

the pukes

i got my bed. it IS heaven on earth. last night though - annie slept over with me. and her allergies had kicked into high gear, so i didn't get too much sleep. but it was due to a coughing five year old, not a crappy mattress. we had so much fun. she told me this morning that it was the best sleepover she ever had. she's only had one other sleepover. with me. at least i'm not letting her down. i forget how quiet my little life is, until i have a chatterbox with me for a few hours. she doesn't stop talking, and i can't tune her out the way i can my students. (ah!??) no. actually - the fact that i can tune out my students is to their benefit. otherwise i'd be a nazi teacher who wanted perfect silence. and we all know that aint happening. and i don't want to tune her out. i giggled and was silly with her all night long.

i don't know what's wrong with me today. i feel super nauseated. for some reason when i'm going to puke, like usually right before it starts, i yawn a lot. i think its my body's way of talking itself out of doing it. i don't know. but i've been yawning a ton. just haven't upchucked yet. i'm glad for that, but i wish the feeling would go away. all i want to do is sleep. oh wait, that might be because i have the world's most comfortable bed to sleep on now.

well, my kitchen is a pigsty. cause last night, i made dinner for annie. then cookies. and i didn't clean up one single dish. the milk is lucky it got put back in the fridge. i guess if i'm not going to puke, i should go clean it. or maybe i'll just go take another nap. yeah. that's more likely.

6 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

eeks, hope the pukes didn't materialize. so glad your bed is so fabulous!!!

Jori said...

Whoohoo!!! New bed!! So glad it made it to you. You are such a fun auntie. Glad you girls had fun. I hope your pukeys go away. Nausea is the worst!

Girl James said...

Poor Hayley! Hope you're feeling better soon! I can bring soup if you need...unless that makes you want to vomit!
Sorry you missed your Bajio boyfriend tonight too! :)

Jan said...

I'm so happy about your bed! Awesome! And I'm glad you had a fun time with Annie. Time with the kiddoes is the best. Now just hold off on the puking. Yuk. Get feeling better.

Mia said...

The new bed sounds awesome, which is exactly what you needed! To bad to hear you have the pukes. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Mom said...

Hope you are doing better. Glad the bed is wonderful.