4.16.2008

camera tricks

so last night, i went to circuit city with kim while she got her new camera. the guy was showing her all kinds of tricks that her camera can do, which in my ignorant little mind, i thought only fancy pants cameras could do, like the digital single lense reflex ones. while he was telling kim about the features on her camera, i was torturing myself with "does mine do that?" so we went back to my house, of course i broke it out. guess what?!? it does! too bad for me, i don't know how to do it. (mess with aperature, shutter speed - and or why one would want to do these things.) alls i know is now that i can, i'm more interested. for all of you digi-aperature nerds - give me advice! momma don't know much - so don't get techy, or i'll slap you. (virtual slaps can be worse than physical!) i'll take website links or just plain ol' fashioned comment advice.

oh, and thank you!

12 comments:

Jori said...

I'm interested to see your feedback Hayley. I'm a dork and never use all of the features on electronics. I need help too.

Holly O. said...

You need to read your manual. That is the best advice anyone has ever given me.

Jan said...

I'm with you. I know nothing. So I just rarely take pictures. Lame, I know.

Heather said...

Holly is my best source of info :)

Hayley said...

a) i've read my manual. if i knew what the purpose of these adjustments were, i would be fine. i don't know that. that's the thing. and b) i was hoping heather, that she'd be a help, too.

100 Percent Cottam said...

ummm, talk to your sister. she's a genius at this stuff.

Holly O. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Really Hayley, all questions can be answered on the old computer. I have found, and there are lots of links on others blogs about aperature and stuff. Google it. I'd be more helpful, but I'm off to close on my house, I think I just peed on myself I'm so excited.

Shelley said...

Here's one link: http://pcworld.about.com/news/Feb222005id119519.htm

And here's a more detailed one explaining aperture etc.
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/4500/EXPOSURE/EV-overview.html

Good luck :)

Kami said...

I too like to learn all I can about what I own, but if we don't have the same one, I don't think I am of much help. You should take a class, they are great help!

Holly O. said...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/

Christina said...

I've got nothing for you. Seriously nothing. I rarely whip out my camera and take pics of my kids. I'm lame. And I'm going to really regret it some day! AAgh- ok, maybe I'm getting some motivation.