4.02.2008

anything but grading papers

for my birthday, neddie made me the cutest apron in the whole wide world. (momma, even though you were off on the ring, you were smack dab on target for the apron!!!) even though i've been home for sadly, too long now, i still hadn't cooked an actual meal yet. til tonight. i invited kimmy over for a lil' home cooked meal. cause i wanted to cook. for 2 reasons. a) i wanted to sport the new ap. i did. it was fun. 2)karyn started a cooking blog & i "stole" megan's caesar recipe & posted it this week. which got me craving that salad. its one of my favorites~ (bite me tib, i gave her credit long before you said anything)

so i cooked. we ate. it was fabulous, in my humble little opinion.

on my door stop tonight was the game that i just ordered. holy canoli target - that was one fast delivery! after din din, i begged kim to play with me. i think she thought i was special at first, but she ended up having fun, too. i'm so excited about this. guess who's going to ditch reading groups tomorrow to play with the kids?!? may or may not be me.

crikey. this was a lot of linking. in fact there was so much linking going on that i forgot that was what i was doing. geez! and the only reason i was willing to do it - cause i don't want to grade the 2 inches worth of papers that i NEED to tonight. poop.

12 comments:

Heather said...

That is one cute apron. Wow Target for getting that game there fast. It is very fun. The three older kiddos and I like to play that one. Sad to say, I don't know all state capitals, it's a review+game :)

100 Percent Cottam said...

LOVE the apron! ned strikes again!

Mom said...

Glad you actually used the apron. It will save some of your clothes. I got oil on a shirt tonight and I just took off the apron.. GRRRR

Holly O. said...

Have fun rocking that game with the kids tomorrow. And how was Mom wrong on the ring? I don't think she was.

Jori said...

Hooray! I can't wait to receive my game. That apron is seriously cute. My arse still hurts. Why don't you shuffle on down and cook me something in it?

Kristi said...

I love your apron--LOVE!! Man, is there anything Ned can't do? I bet she can whittle wood, as well. It sounds like you had a fabulous day--I want to check out that game, woman...

Jan said...

Love the apron -- and I think I really want that game. I'm checking Target out myself.

Suzie said...

way to follow the link rules! something I'm working on since Tib's little...ahem... reminder.

apron's are sexy.

Emily J. said...

So cute will she make me one?

Karyn said...

I love the apron! I should post a pic. of the ones my mom has been making. They are adorable! Glad to hear you are using my recipes. Let me know how you like 'em.

Megan said...

You are right about that recipe Hayley. I completely forgot to tell you to marinate and cook the chicken in fajita marinade!

Melissa said...

Cute apron...still wouldn't motivate me to cook though ;)