3.28.2008

updates

wednesday night - i got my clothes put away. granted, the suitcases are still out - but oh well. they're properly shoved out of the walking way.

thursday night - i made good progress on the dvr updating. apparently catching up on my tv shows out ranks the massive pile of mail on my counter. go figure.

my kidneys are hurting. have been officially for a few days. this is not good news for me. i had strep that settled in my kidneys about 3 years ago. which lead to really strong antibiotics. which lead to the bad bacteria not getting killed off, but the good stuff instead. which lead to chronic diarrhea. which lead to bleeding in places that shouldn't be. which lead to a colonoscopy. which lead to the milk allergy discovery. which pretty much lead to a huge change in lifestyle. (oh & sidenote, my colonoscopy was the day before my "whole world" fell apart & i found out that i was engaged to a complete and utter liar, manipulator, stranger... so - for silly reasons, this is all connected to that rat bastard. i mean eventually - i realized it wasn't my whole world - but it surely felt like it at the time) bottom line is - kidneys hurting - bad news. i'm kinda in a panic.

i've decided that kids are so easily tricked. they're currently playing "games" - because we had 15 minutes before lunch... somehow we moved quickly this morning. (what did i forget???) and I don't feel like starting our math lesson until after lunch, cause it'll take more than 15 minutes. the thing is - these aren't games... they're "independent math centers" that my kids are fooled into thinking is games. i can hear them talking & problem solving right now. i love letting them do these math centers - it reinforces skills, etc. but what i love the most is that they think its the coolest thing in the world... playing these "games" is like telling them "we're going to have an extra christmas morning." they squeal in excitement. it also is good for me, cause i post real quick & now am going to move on to getting ahead of myself with grading spelling tests. yay!

10 comments:

Schagel Family said...

Sorry about your kidneys. That does not sound good. I hope everything is ok.
I also think that tricking kids in the educational part of life is great. What ever you have to do to make learning fun.

Tiburon said...

Ok I have said it already but go to the Dr. It is nice you have made some progress. When do your parents arrive?

Melissa said...

Man, you gotta do something about those kidneys...don't want to go down that same path again!

Shelley said...

I just love that you can trick kids into learning. That is fabulous! Sorry your kidneys are bothering you. I hope everything works out ok.

Jori said...

Yuck Hayley. Do you have a doctor you like? That sounds just miserable. It's even worse when you have a bad association with something. All those rotten memories come flooding back. You take good care of yourself.

Jan said...

Go to the doctor. Right away. You already know you don't mess around with kidney stuff. And I love hearing that you're sneaking some learning past those kids -- that's what I loved about elementary school music. They thought they were having fun and I knew they were learning stuff.

Emily J. said...

I second the motion, GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! I hope you feel better quickly!

Heather said...

Are you feeling better? Hope so. Sorry, but it still makes me chuckle when you call him rat bastard. SUCH a perfect name for him.

Kristi said...

Bless your little heart--I hope your feeling better. Your kidneys do not sound fun right now. Get those suckers checked :) And aren't you such a good teacher--sneaking in "games." can you please move to Texas and teach my children? :)

100 Percent Cottam said...

hee hee, nothing like tricking kids into learning. nice work, miss jones. how are you feeling?