3.18.2008

more

ok. let me preface by admitting that i'm exhausted. sleep deprived for 2 days now. and i need my sleep. and i'm "emotional" as in - its going to be that time. figure it out, moron.

I checked my email tonight & found an email about my friend, JT's baby passing away. JT and I knew each other at Ricks. We've known each other a long time. He told me in January about his baby being born prematurely, due to complications fromCMV. He sent me a clipping of her obituary tonight. I sat and cried. uggggg! I can't imagine going through this. (this, is not, my friend sue's grandbaby... i don't think i've mentioned JT's baby in blog before, although i've known about her and prayed for her since January)

JT's the one that told me recently that my worrying can't really do much, but my prayers can. I took that to heart & have tried to do better. Pray more, worry less. i know i've mentioned a few times that i feel like i've got a lot on my plate, right now. a lot of people i'm worried about it. there have been a few times, where i feel "weighted," mainly because deep down, i'm a decent person, & i don't like it when people i care about are suffering. i wish i could do more for people - but can't. I've prayed a lot more than normal, sadly. I wish I could help ease more pain. but right now, I just sit here, crying. i can't imagine going through what so many people I know are going through, and right now, especially JT & his wife. and I feel really lonely tonight. (and tired.) i just need to go to bed.

9 comments:

Jori said...

Sorry Hayley that is so sad. I swear we don't get through life without seeing a ton of suffering. I know your prayers help people(they've helped me) Your friend will be blessed with peace,even though this is such a tough time. You are a sweetheart! Love you!

Jori said...

Oh and "figure it out moron" just made me wet a little.

Melissa said...

I am sorry to hear the sad news. One of Randy's co-workers is in the midst of losing their daughter. They don't think she'll make it through the weekend. So I feel your pain and sorrow. We mourn for those that mourn.

Jan said...

It's so hard when your friends are hurting -- and it's hard because we don't feel like prayer is an 'active' thing to do to help. But really, it is the best thing we can do -- to put it all in the hands of the one who really can do anything. I'm sorry about your friend -- that would be so hard to bear.

Suzie said...

so sorry.
your compassion is lovely, though.

Tiburon said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I imagine you are upset about it. Sending you hugs :)

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh my gravy. more sadness. it's everywhere. so sorry to hear it.

Karyn said...

That is SO sad! I can't believe it. Can't imagine going through that. I haven't heard about JT in years & years... I didn't now you guys were still in touch.

Heather said...

Hayley, I'm so sorry for your friend JT, that has got to be one of the hardest things for someone to go through. You do have a very good heart, my dear. I love you.