3.18.2008

highlights from chicago

it could be simply put at: good times, good eats. but i will elaborate.

good times:
*got to visit with lots of old friends. kristin, michelle, (one of my young women leaders as a teenager) mick hayden - who is one of my dad's friends. mick was one of my friends too though. lots of old church people.
*mostly the good times were just had with my mom and dad. my mom and i got in lots of naps. (theres morning nap, afternoon nap, and evening nap you see)
*my mom and i also snuck in a few movies. a couple at the theatre, a couple from the library. we had so much fun just doing stuff.
*missing two flights & surprisingly making the third & final flight of the day really ended up being a great day. my mom came and got me. we snuck in another lunch. and i was so exhausted & anyone that knows me knows my momma and i are cuddle bugs. i squeezed in another nappy nap with her. and then, my dad (mr. security big wig) came and sat with me for the next (& last) two flights. we had dinner. we sat at the gates & enjoyed lovely conversation. he told story after story about his life back in the day when he did (moved) cargo for united. i laughed so hard, a couple of times.

you know you're having a good time, an extremely, spoiled, relaxed, delightful time when you're actually a little disappointed walking onto the airplane, that you actually made the flight. disappointed that you're not going to get another day of "extras" - even at the point of getting to go home as planned, at least on the right day.

mom and dad - thank you. thank you. thank you. it couldn't have been better.

oh & i had so much fun that i decided to take this show on the road. that's right peeps, i'm crashing heather's easter weekend with the parents. kim & i are driving out. (kim's got a brother out there) road trip!

11 comments:

Girl James said...

dude! I've got 3 brothers out there!!! SO JEALOUS! Have a fun fun trip.

Girl James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
100 Percent Cottam said...

sounds fabulous! and three cheers for a road trip!!!

Holly O. said...

I assume you've told Heather you are crashing?!

Hayley said...

no holly - i didn't. so shhh - don't tell! (in reality - i called heather & ran it by her as soon as i got that little idea!)

Jan said...

Sounds totally wonderful. There isn't anything better than time with loved ones. Glad you're going to get more, too!

Holly O. said...

I was joking, don't you worry. I am sure she is as super excited as I would be!

Melissa said...

I am so glad you had a good time in Chicago...one of these days we should go together!

Mom said...

Hayden is excited we are coming to his birthday party and Easter this weekend. Look forward to seeing you in a couple of days. We did have a fun week both at Holly's and Chicago together.

Tiburon said...

I am so glad you had a fun trip! Thanks again for all your help yesterday. I owe you! Have a great trip to Oregon - I am jealous :)

Heather said...

I can't wait for you to come Hayley!!!! We are going to have lots o' fun! We might not get in as many naps...but we can do some shopping and some eating!