3.02.2008

"birthday extravaganza"

according to tiburon (even if questioned by her husband)- last night's get together was an extravaganza. and it was fun. i surely had a great time. i hope everyone else did, too. unfortunately, about 2 hours before the party was due to start, we got slammed with a pretty bad storm. i expected no one to show, but a few troopers (who live fairly close by) still made it out. as i got phone calls from people (especially the utah county ones) apologizing for turning around and going back home, i told them, "the only reason i'm out in this weather is because its my thing!" i was disappointed not to get to see those guys, but i totally understood. when tib showed up - i was so relieved - i was thinking, "how sad is that if i'm the only one at my own birthday party?" and then kim showed up. and then the rest. we ate at bajio - cause i've decided that cafe rio, while they have better tortillas, still makes me sick every single time & now that i've found hair in my food - i'll go with what doesn't give me gut wrenching trots. so we ate, chatted and had a little entertainment (see post below) - then we headed off to see penelope, a cute little ditty about a girl with a pig face. (insert joke here) while i was utterly bugged about the annoying little teeny boopers & way highly entertained man who clamorously commented and laughed their way through the movie, i was able to use my ever so swift talent of ignoring children & their annoying incessant talking (7 years of teaching people) and just enjoy the show. and james mcavoy.

thanks to brooke & chris who bought my dinner and gave me a funny card and a target gift card. you guys rock!


thanks to tiburon, who bought my movie ticket, ice cream that we may or may not have smuggled into the theatre (thank heavens for big purses!) AND for this funny card, which had a picture of the turtle charm inside... she was bummed it wasn't delivered in time, but i have to admit, i might not have been able to handle the excitement had it actually been placed in my hands. i almost pissed myself, just seeing the picture. (let me tell you - i've realized the quickest way to become one of my favorite people, is surprise me with a james avery charm.) tib - your generosity was overwhelming last night... thanks for making my birthday!

and krystal - you crack me up, with your sweet innocent believing of everything that chris was bullcrap-ing us about. thanks for the dr pepper jelly bellys. if you were in the biggest loser, i'd suspect you for trying to completely throw me outta the game! (i'm going to enjoy them in small quantities for now!)

and kimmy - thanks for coming. i just love having you around!!!

18 comments:

Tiburon said...

It was so fun! Thanks for inviting me and introducing me to Bajio - still can't say that I like it better than the Rio but it was delish. The company was fantastic and I am starting to develop a crush on McAvoy. A great night all around - I hope your actual day tomorrow is super fantastic! UPS better deliver that charm so I can get it in your hot little hands before your trip :)

100 Percent Cottam said...

happy, happy birthday! i'm so sorry i missed telling you so on the right day. and i do have a belated gift for you. you like to carry forth the celebrating for weeks and weeks, don't you? good, because that's how long it takes me to get to the post office.

wish i'd been there to party down!

Kate said...

Hayley- I too am sorry to not make it last night. The weather was actually not the main factor for why we didn't make it, I got a bad migrain yesterday..Mac still wants to meet you though and said maybe we could do lunch or dinner again sometime.

Kate said...

(Oops! I meant migraine..)

Jori said...

You look SO pretty Hayley. As soon as I am healed from my ass-ectomy I want to get together with you guys. It looks like you all had a great time. Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!

Holly O. said...

Brooke's hair is long! You hit the jackpot on the birthday extravaganza!

100 Percent Cottam said...

i LOVE your new comment photo, you hot mama.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday...sounds like it was a good one and you deserve that!!!!!

Heather said...

Happy Happy Birday tomorrow Hayley. Loves. xoxo

Tripp Family said...

Happy Birthday! SO sorry I couldn't make it up. I was pretty bummed. Rich was coming with me & I kept telling him to keep going. Finally we hit a white out & he said' "It's up to you but I think we should turn around. I SO badly wanted to be there & to see you. I'm glad you still had a great time even though a few people couldn't make it. How about you me & Kate have a dinner together?

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Hayley!! Love Ya!!

Jan said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like a great time -- lots of hugs coming your way!

Melissa said...

Just read your sissy's blog so found out today is the big day!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...hope it's fun!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday, Hayley! Sad I didn't make it to the birthday extravaganza, but sounds like it was tons of fun! Hope you're having a great one today. :)

Jori said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! If I lived close I would bring by cake and give you a spanking.;)

Jori said...

You know a birthday spanking? Do people give those out anymore, or am I just sounding like a sicky?

tara said...

jori you ARE a big pervy perv:)

Happy BDAY hayley! I hope your week of celebration is super! have fun at hojo's:)

Emily J. said...

OH so fun! Happy Birthday!!