2.21.2008

wrap up part 1

tonight was my first night of conferences & honestly - my long night. i've only got about 6 conferences tomorrow. so i definitely had the majority tonight. and - they went well. i had my only uncomfortable one for the night - the one with "the spawn of satan" as i'm calling him more and more in my head. i told mom and dad that i'm very concerned about his behavior - they played dumb mostly & made promises that i know won't be kept. did i mention (pretty sure i didn't) that he headbutted another kid, hard! completely unprovoked, unwarrented. and when questioned - his reasoning was "cause i felt like it." not an ounce of sorrow. so that cost him the rest of the week, no recess, not even lunch. he's doing lunch detentions. all priviledges lost again. no interaction with the rest of the group. at our conference tonight, i did give his brother a piece of my mind, too. brother blushed & felt stupid... again, i know nothing will change.

then - this is a little side step, but one of my little girls fell yesterday in the cafeteria & hurt her knee. her mom took her to the doctor's last night - cracked her knee cap. she limped around all afternoon - i didn't do anything, mainly because she didn't complain. (oh how awful can i feel?!??) her mom stops by this morning to tell me, she wasn't mad at me - it wasn't my fault & she hadn't said anything to me about it. but i still felt awful for not being more on top of it. but anyway. the kids made her cards today & tonight i gave the cards to her. as her mom and i conferenced, she sat and looked through them. the spawn of satan wrote in his card "i hate you. i'm glad you broke your knee." she showed it to me. i about went through the roof. i'm so sick and tired of him just being awful. that kid is rotten. i have tried being patient with him. i've tried giving him the benefit of the doubt. but he's done for now. i'm going to make his life as unfun as i possibly can. who does he think he is, anyhow?

besides him - the night went very well. i got compliments on my teaching style, my personality, my discipline even. i'll be one of the first people to admit conferences aren't fun. they're long days, especially in panty hose. but - they're a great opportunity for me to get some validation that all of this time i put into things. all of the projects i do, they're worth it & appreciated. i know i'm not a sweet and cuddly teacher, but it makes me feel great when parents tell me that they support how i'm doing it. and i know that i'll survive tomorrow, too. it'll be a shorter day. and then i'll have a few days to chilax.


oh - i just remembered - the best thing about tonight - is trying to pretend like i didn't notice one dad's brand spanking new hair plugs. whoa. dude. you're balding, accept it.

10 comments:

Holly O. said...

You are evil for not realizing the poor girl broke her knee. Pure evil.

Mom said...

Sounds like a good night. Glad you had good support from parents. That ameans a lot. Hard to believe anyone thinks hair plugs look better than no hair. Personally Im into bald.

Heather said...

How could you know if she didn't say it hurt? You don't have x-ray eyes!! Poor kid though. What a butt of a boy that said I hate you and I'm glad you broke your knee. Gosh, that's bad. I'm sure conferences are so long, glad you made it- one night down.

Heather said...

Oh, and I think the plugs look fab...I thinking about investing for Scott, new boobs for me and new hair for Scott ;)Won't we be a pair.

Tripp Family said...

I'll bet you'll be glad when that boy leaves your class. What a crazy. He'll probably be in prison when he grows up.

Kristi said...

Hooray for validation! I'm glad your conferences went well--you are one good teach. And so glad they're over so you can enjoy your weekend. That little boy who wrote I hate you worries me. Something is wrong with him...that's just not normal.

Emily J. said...

Oh man hair plugs? Eek! Just shave your head man!

Jan said...

So glad the conferences went well -- that's so awful about the card that boy wrote. What's going on with him??? It really makes you wonder what home is like. As for the hair plugs -- forget it. Just go bald and be graceful about it. It happens.

Melissa said...

Man I'm just waiting for that kid to grow up and become some pyscho serial killer...that is really sad to say but REALLY, what is wrong here?...that boy needs help.

I am sure you are a great teacher...your sense of humor is infectious:) When r we going to lunch, BTW?

100 Percent Cottam said...

that kid needs his butt kicked TO THE MOON!!! holy crap.

hope that dad's body doesn't reject the plugs. remember when that happened to tobias?