2.18.2008

things are looking up...

first and foremost - the baby is doing better. he had a rough weekend. friday night late, sue texted me to tell me that dylan was on a respirator (due to respiratory failure) and now needing insulin, because he wasn't responding to treatment. i was already worrying about that little guy. that news definitely sent my weekend down the emotional drain. brandi - the baby's mom - was suffering still. her blood pressure was extremely high, which is very dangerous, but at the same time, how do we expect her to be able to calm down when her baby is at risk? you know? so today when i heard that things have kind of "stabled" out - i was incredibly relieved. dylan's still struggling, but apparently his struggles are "normal" for a baby that little. and i think brandi's doing better, too. what a blessing!

i'm also feeling better. i hit the jackpot of womanly wealth, if you know what i'm saying. which would explain the inability to deal with stress & nerves. which would explain pizzafaceness, extreme emotions, fatigue, cramps & back pain. it makes me feel a little better to be able to connect the two - cause i was just overcome with worry & stress. i was literally a mess on saturday. everytime i though about dylan & their family, i was just a basketcase. and they were on my mind. a lot. i have to say though, i'm so thankful that we had a long weekend - one where i could afford to be mopey, sickish, and lazy. (i did get my house straightened up, but not my book finished) and i'm happy to report that i haven't had the wicked, deathly liqui-sh*ts that i had from early saturday morning til late last night. yikes. so not fun.

in other news - i went to pick up my mail today & was delighted to have my package from the ever so thoughtful jori waiting for me... thanks again jori! i read it - what a delightful book. and i can't wait to read it to my kids tomorrow morning. and any other time they have to deal with not getting their own way. adorable book!

i was able to go and meet up with my friend julie tonight. its sad to say we haven't seen each other in almost 2 years, but we hadn't. she quit teaching after her baby was born and then moved (downtown is all. pathetic, i know) and we've both just been busy. anyway - it was great to get together and visit tonight. very fun to catch up!

7 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

you said wicked, deathly liqui-sh*ts. i'm writing this from the floor where i'm rolling around dying of laughter.

Tiburon said...

I can always count on some excellent explanation of bodily functions from Hayley! You crack my shiz up! I am glad things are looking up - and I hope I join you by hitting the jackpot soon :)

Mom said...

Sometimes even you surprise me with your phrases. Glad you are feeling better and so happy the baby and mom are doing a little better.

Jan said...

Love the explanations and verbiage. You're the best, Hayley. But I"m glad you're feeling better about things and that the baby is doing better.

Kristi said...

I love that way you think woman. You are hilarious!!! :) And hooray for that baby getting better.

Heather said...

Glad you hit the jack pot. Me too, explains a lot, huh??? So happy to hear the baby is better.

Kate said...

Ava has two of the Fancy Nancy books! We love them too! They're so cute!