2.08.2008

scratch that

my date just got cancelled for tonight. via text. totally cool. so here's the thing. tonight's his birthday. which - i knew all along. i knew it was his birthday. i didn't know that all along the only reason he asked me out for tonight is because his family wasn't available. so. i sent him a text saying "happy birthday." a few texts later, i get the "is there any chance we can go out another night?" so i wrote back and said "i guess. what's going on?" "my family is able to get together after all" i mean, i'm not trying to be unreasonable. but here's my complaint. i don't like getting dumped on a last minute note. it doesn't sit well with my history. last minute droppings, especially on a friday - pretty much screws you over so bad, there's no redeeming chances possible. i mean, i get people want to spend their birthday with family. BUT DON'T ASK SOMEONE OUT THEN, in the meantime.

so. i'm going to keep looking for people. someone with a schedule that's not almost the complete opposite of mine. these last few days, i guess i haven't been feeling it, anyway. i need to be the girl in my relationships. and i tend to be the boy. hence why i'm almost 29 and single. cause i'm not desperate. and i can't stand guys that i feel like i have to baby, cause they're more in touch with their feminine side than i am. i'm not saying that's how john is, but it was starting to bug, just a little.

seriously natalie - i'm all for arranged marriages. anyone have any options for me??!?

9 comments:

Jori said...

Hmmm that is pretty lame to cancel on you. Maybe he is just rusty at dating. I know what you mean, a man with a fragile ego never worked with my personality I am WAY too sarcastic for somebody who is a baby. You just keep being you, you need a guy who get's what a hilarious babe-aholic you are.

Heather said...

You just keep on keeping on. That is kind of lame of him. Nobody wants to be the back-up. Who is "family" anyway, his kids or his parents?? You didn't seem that into him last time we talked. Yeah, no wimpy guys!!

Emily J. said...

That sucks. Heathers got a point- no wimpy guys. I went out with a guy that would start crying(tears and everything)everytime we went out. I got OLD FAST!

Jan said...

Just keep on doing what you do and being yourself. That's the best thing you can do - -you are wonderful and you deserve only the best.

Schagel Family said...

Sorry about the date. That was way bad on his part. I would for sure keep looking after that.

Dad said...

I hadn't thought of the "arranged marrage" thing. I'll talk to my Indian friends for some basic pointers then I'll give you until September 29. After that I take over!

For tonight, go see Annie and fam ... and eat pop corn and watch a movie.

Tiburon said...

I love that your dad is on this! He will make it happen :)

Wimpy guys suck - you need a manly man.

Hayley said...

in case anyone is wondering... i'm not sad at all about this. after meeting him, i was disappointed. not attracted. i've been totally pulling away all week. hello - i would've blogged all kinds of details if i really kept on liking him. this is actually a huge relief!

100 Percent Cottam said...

that does suck. i say give him one more shot, though. eyes peeled for an arranged marriage candidate...