2.05.2008

oh, what a night

i wish i was going to say that everything's fine & that i've been singing this ol song this evening celebrating. i haven't been. my car wouldn't start. we sat and let it charge. for a couple of minutes. nothing. then, we came inside to make chris some hot chocolate & i called my parents (again) to give them an update. and we go to leave, cause no one had had dinner yet. i swear, brooke's car wasn't out illegally parked on the streets of my neighborhood for more than 15 minutes. it was towed. no joke. at first i couldn't believe they could tow it that fast, but they did. cause we caught up to the son of a gun across the street from my development. i thought her car had been stolen. but it wasn't. the towers - not my favorite people either. they told us a ball faced lie. (is that a real term or am i special?) and then raped them with the fees. granted - there are signs up in my neighborhood not to park on the streets. but seriously it was less than 15 minutes. and - its not snowing, so they can't be all anal about that. alls i know is this: in between my tears, i was so utterly frustrated, that i became ultra slap happy. i have half a mind to take the rest of the week off. but i can't. well, i'll see how i'm feeling tomorrow. and then i'll make that kind of decision, i guess. it might be better for my students for me to not be here. cause today wasn't pretty.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow...you lead such an exciting life. My car just sits in it's boring garage all the live long day!

Kristin said...

Great title for that post. Hang in there. I hope things get worked out with your car soon.

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

Maybe its just me, but I thought the term was "bull faced lie" I really really could be wrong though. Hmmm google returns results with both. I don't know what to tell ya Hayls. *shrug* Sorry about all the car drama you've been having. That really sucks.

Jori said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE they towed her car!!! That completely sucks. Towing always burns me up especially for such a short period of time. It's such a fat waste of money. Grrrrr Hopefully today will be better. Sorry Hayley.

Heather said...

That sucks about your car. Is it working yet? If not, how did you get to school? Sorry to hear about Brooke's car too.

Kristi said...

Hayley, that freakin sucks. I'm sorry about your car and your friend's car. I hope today is a better one for you :)

Holly O. said...

I thought it was a bold faced lie. Weird how we all think something different and yet none of us know for sure. I am sorry about your car! I wonder what could be wrong with it?

Tiburon said...

Who do you want me to kill? Cause I will do it. Do you need a ride somewhere? Me and the kiddies will drive you around. it could be fun. Or not.

Jori said...

Supposedly the correct term is barefaced liar. Hmmm here is the link http://www.mtannoyances.com/?p=384

Emily said...

That sucks, you have had a terrible day. Let's hope today is better!

Jan said...

What an awful day -- I'm SO sorry! And I have to say that I think it's bold-faced lie but I like ball-faced much better. Hope today is better for you.

100 Percent Cottam said...

man. double suck a duck. and now i'm singing "what a lady, what a night."