2.10.2008

my day's highlight was just topped

Up until one minute ago, my highlight today was talking to Connor, Hannah & Hunter. Each of them made me smile. Each of them reminded me how much I love all of my neices and nephews. I wish I got to see all of my bubbies more often.

Then I mowzied on over to Heather's blog. I don't always go back and read other people's comments, but sometimes I do. I read this post's tonight. And literally laughed my butt off reading my dad's reaction. (Have you heard about my "bark" laugh? i just did one!)

"Good thing this bald guy wasn't there, I'm a trained killer (Sempe Fi) and I'd a thrown the old 'naked stangle hold' on that old fat Texas farthead and made him beg for forgiveness."

My dad - he's so not a tough guy & yet, he is in so many ways. He was a marine in his early 20's. Yet, my dad's never been the macho type that so many military people are. He did develop his strong love of clean & orderly in the marines (I think - please correct me if I'm wrong, mom and dad) He has always been one of the few men in our house (yes, i realize i don't still live at my parents. go with me people) and I have always wanted to make him proud. He has definitely made me proud. For being a marine, he was (is) also the ideal dad - he'd come hold your hair back when you were puking your guts out, he knows when something's wrong - just by the tone of your voice, he is one of the funniest people I know.

Dad, can you please explain what a naked st(r)angle hold is? I'm so highly tickled by that!

7 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

your daddy is so cute! he cracks me up. he should copyright texas farthead. that's right on.

Dad said...

That is sRangle hold, you were right about that. It is hand to hand combat employing arms and fists against the julular for almost instant stranulation...like I said, trained killer. Texas got "don't mess with Texas" from me, "don't mess with my Mike's" (girls or grand-children).

feltc said...

What a fun dad. You are one lucky girl to claim him as your papa!

Heather said...

Yeah, that comment had me rolling too. The Texas farthead was right on!!!I'm just sad I'm moving and won't have many opportunites to use that one.

Jori said...

Hayley, thank you so much for posting that comment. I missed that one. That is hilarious!! Your dad is a crack up.

tara said...

texas fart head. that is so darn awesome. "utah farthead" just doens't sound the same.

Jan said...

Love it. Dads are the best, aren't they? Love the Texas Farthead comment.