2.02.2008

let me tell you why i suck as a...

diet-er: i just polished off a bowl of ice cream. and it wasn't even good. it was freezer burned, but i was hard up and didn't care. and cause holly made me. (she may or may not have had one, too) and i ate a wicked lunch today. and then a substantial dinner. i'll have probably gained all of my weight back this weekend alone. sad. starting tuesday - that's when i'll be back on the bandwagon.

bookclub-er: i haven't finished this month's book, which i pushed for. and, its monday night - so i won't be going, cause i'll be going to a blogging dinner/get together. and while i'm super excited about seeing blogging peeps, i've got guilt about missing bookclub. but, i feel a little good about it, cause i haven't finished the book. probably have a good 500 pages to read, still. and i'm not making any progress this weekend.

auntie: haven't taken a single picture of will or connor this weekend. and i guess that goes without saying emma, porter, or annie. i dragged my camera around all day today - but failed to get it out once. good job, jones. (in my defense, we semi went snow shoeing this morning & we all looked pretty hideous today, so it might have been best not document.) *note to self: shower, look decent & break out camera tomorrow. (i did however enjoy the day with those two babes. managed to sneak in some cuddle time/nappy time with will. and munch, we just ran around like crazy, a bunch. i loves hims.)

salesman: one could argue that i'm not a good mary kay salesman, cause i'm not pushy. and i'm fine with that, actually. that's not the point of this last little bullet. its really to finish off a quote from tommy boy - chris farley, rest in peace dude. one of my favorite-est funny movies of all time.

8 comments:

Mom said...

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself. Sounds like you got a lot done and you will get back on the wagon with the diet. The book is actually pretty good and you will want to finish it even if you don't go to bookclub. What a fun night to get together with your blogging friends for dinner. Sounds like a great visit with Holly and family.

Jan said...

I think you're great -- just hang in there and you'll be just fine. I suck in a multitude of ways, that's for sure!

Heather said...

Quit thinking of it as a "diet" you aren't on a diet, you are changing you lifestyle. Just remember to loose weight you have to burn more than you eat. It's pretty simple. You can factor in a bowl of ice cream every once in a while, just go for a longer walk/jog. I suck at writing thank you notes. Blogging dinner is a once (or twice ;) thing in a lifetime (or at least for a long while) but book club comes around every month.

Jori said...

It's hard to take pictures when you are having fun. I always get caught up in the moment and forget to snap any pics. I am having a rough weekend too. I've eaten at Cafe Rio and had Costco pizza. I guess we will just maintain this weekend and work crazy hard this week to make up for it.

Emily said...

Hmm...So your eating badly huh? I wish I could say well get your butt in gear, but I really want to win BL3, sooo...oh alright get your butt in gear!

Kristi said...

You don't suck! Taking pictures is important, but it's also good to just enjoy your time together, too. I hope you have had a fun weekend with Holly & the boys!! And tonight--I am so jealous I can't come! Enjoy Cafe Rio for me...

Tiburon said...

Hey, I'll tell you what. You can take a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?
Sorry, I had to use my favorite quote from Tommy boy.

You are fantastic - stop talking about all the things you aren't good at and list all the good things!! You rock sista!

Schagel Family said...

Everyone one has a bad day here or there when it comes to what we eat. I had about 1000 calories just for dinner last night. Does that make you feel better? You are the greatest. So just focus on that.