2.20.2008

knock on wood

besides my ear infection back in (i think) november - i haven't been sick this whole winter season. and even then, my ear just hurt like... hmmm. i'll edit here... crazy. i've had a few days here and there of being a little stuffy nosed. but no coughs. unless choking on saliva, crumbs or swallowing something down the wrong pipes. and then, lets face it - its not sickness, its retardation. no flu. nothing. (i don't count the trots. those are practically a daily occurrence at my house, totally unrelated. -milk allergies do suck though!)

i'm not trying to make any of you sickies feel jealous. i'm not trying to rub it in. i'm just stating something that i realized tonight. this is amazing, because i'm exposed to lots of germs. every day i get coughed on. every day less then pristine hands touch me. AND - I DON'T BELIEVE IN THE FLU SHOT. so. put that in your pipe and smoke it, you flu shot believers!

10 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

check your iron clad immune system! good thing you knocked on wood before throwing around claims like that. here's to your health!

Mom said...

I'm a believer in the flu shot.

Holly O. said...

I'll tell you where to stick a pipe and then I'll smoke it. Or something like that. I feel this post was a direct slap in my face since we are always sick. I have never been as sick as I have been since I had children who played with other children. I don't do flu shot either, so maybe this wasn't directed at me. Maybe I am paranoid. Maybe I am just plain weird.

Tiburon said...

I hope you didn't just jinx yourself. I can't believe you are a teacher and submerge yourself in a petri dish of disease every day and you haven't been sick. I bow to you.

Tiburon said...

Oh, and your mom is wise. Although, every single member of my family has had the flu shot this year - 'cept me. Go figure.

Jan said...

Good job - it took a major health crash about 9 years ago for me to become a believer but I am now. I never miss a flu shot and I also get the pneumonia shot when it comes due. Seems to work for me.

tara said...

can't believe you said that out loud:)
here's to hoping you STAY the pinicle of good health:)

Emily J. said...

I believe that after being exposed to so many bugs, your immune to them. But...the flu? Good Luck, I hope you don't get it. My doctors hold me down and make me get one. It's the diabetes, ya know.

Kristi said...

Yay for not being sick all winter--you lucky gal. We are like a freakin cesspool of germs and sickness around here (that make me sound disgusting--sorry) I don't believe in the flu shot either! Right on sister :)

Melissa said...

Do you ever take Airborne? My 7th grader takes it all the time...she's so afraid she's going to catch something at school!