2.14.2008

its official

this day sucks. it never stopped snowing last night. this morning, i started getting phone calls like crazy early - warning me about school cancellations & delays. my whole school district had a 2 hour delay. but, those lovely people at the district posted "that teachers & staff will be there" yeah, cause only teacher's driveways got shoveled & teacher's neighborhoods got plowed. morons at the district much?!? well, i looked out my windows & foolishly thought that my driveway was fine. it was so smooth - it just looked like a light dusting. so i go out & attempted to back out of my garage. dumb girl. my car totally got stuck, as i was trying to drive through almost a foot of snow. so many swear words were muttered & thought! my neighbor tried to help me. then i tried to help him. kim called & offered to pick me up, she was close. i didn't want her to drive through my unplowed neighborhood, so i huffed it through my neighborhood to get to the main street. i ran (as fast as i could) through snow knee deep. got soaked. and - somewhere along the line, lost my pedometer. frick. its been 3 hours since that little adventure & my pants are still damp. my socks are still wet. i feel chilled. grumpy, to say the least. if i get sick because of this, i'm going to be ticked. so my car is stuck in my driveway, so when the complex comes to shovel & plow today, i'll probably get burried. double frick. best be going to get a shovel!

this is definitely a dr pepper day. a tromp through knee deep snow definitely earns me that right in my book.

oh, and - i can handle the bangs... just getting used to them. but the rest of the hair cut? horrible. i will not be going back to her. in fact, i'm going to find a new salon. crap. this stinks.

and -- to complain just a tad more - i'm so sick and tired of hearing "do you have a date tonight?" i'm feeling a hate crime coming on! happy valentine's day to all of you who have someone - but don't be retarded & ask single people about it. we don't like it.

13 comments:

Tripp Family said...

Ha! I'm sorry your day started out so horribly! I sure hope it gets a little better. I am so sick of this winter. Rich had to drive hom from SL last night in the storm & it took him a few hours... when he got home he said "So, I've decided that Hell is not fire & brimstone, it is snow & traffic." I was glad to have been home in my warm house with my slippers on... Cheer up, Charlie.

Tiburon said...

Aww that sucks! I hated this morning too! This weather sucks. Maybe if you have to shovel snow you can take a night of the treader. You can have a date with me whenever you want :)

tara said...

how in tarnation have you survived in SLC without a shovel thus far?

I did think about you today when I heard JD school district closure. Too bad you didn't the entire day to laze around.

This day can only get BETTER from here. It has to:)

100 Percent Cottam said...

eeks. sucks, sucks. snow. sucks. so sorry about that. still want to see a pic of the new 'do!

Jan said...

Snow. Yuk. I'm so sorry about the mess in the driveway -- but I'm with Natalie, I want to see a pic of the new hairdo. It sounds way cute.

Holly O. said...

That is crazy. So sorry your car is stucky. That bites. Good ol' Kim. I have met her but I sure love her!

Schagel Family said...

Sorry about your bag day. I do hope that it got better. Even though I have someone, I am still not a fan of Valentines.

Hannah said...

Oh...I am so sorry! That does sounds like a horrible day.

And dumb people that ask you that!


Here is a funny card for your enjoyment:
http://tinyurl.com/23pj28

Mom said...

Hope the snow melted a bit before you even got home. Rewalk your steps and you might just find the pedomoter.

Melissa said...

My oldest (17 yrs old) hates this day...she refers to it as "Single Awareness Day"! Needless to say, she'd like to have a boyfriend!

Doesn't this snow suck? I'm sick of it!!!

Kristi said...

Oh man, I'm sorry Hayley! What a sucky day. I am with Tara--hopefully your day only got better...
:)

Kristi said...

Oh, and I want to see a picture fo your new haircut, too!

Shelley said...

I'm sick of it too. I went car-test-driving last night. lol It aws fun!