2.11.2008

i'm a jerk

so - on my break, i get on ldssingles.com, cause i had some mail waiting for me. this guy (37, never married, but has a kid - this i got all from his profile) starts instant messaging me. he lives in utah county. i don't know what's wrong with me, but i have an unreasonable hate for the utah county area. stemmed from parking, but it expands. i don't know why - but i hate it down there. sometimes i can handle the lehi area, towards saratoga springs. i'm not so anti the top part of utah county. but definitely have some malice for orem/provo. so. he asked me how i felt about going to dinner with him. i said "depends" cause i'm not going to lie to him. then i explain how i hate utah county, do all that i can to avoid it. so i said, "where would you want to meet?" a guy that has some sense would suggest somewhere like draper, right? he says "lets meet somewhere by uvsc" - i didn't even respond. i just closed the convo, blocked him & rolled my eyes. seriously?!? man alive people.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

You are cracking me up...but I share your disdain for Ut county...my relates to hating my BYU years!

BTW...check your e-mail, got your message...I am so confused!!

Tiburon said...

Geeez! Did he need to you draw him a picture!? What an idiot! I am actually smacking my head as I type this. He needs to be ignored.

Holly O. said...

Yeah, he wasn't so bright. But give Provo/Orem a break! You have never even lived there, what the heck do you have against it?

Kristin said...

Okay, seriously laughing out loud. Enough said.

tara said...

I harbor some of that too. don't even know why. That guys a bastage. ignore for sure.

Heather said...

You big fat jerk ;)Really though, come on dude...she just told you! Duh.

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooooh that is hilarious!!! sooo soo funny. i hate utah county, too.

Jori said...

Good job Hayley!!! I love that you blew him off. You aren't a jerk, you just told the fool you didn't want to go down-duh!

Jan said...

Wish I could have seen the eye-roll!! Makes you wonder what he was thinking when you JUST told him you didn't like that area. duh.

Emily J. said...

Ha ha...what an idiot.

Hannah said...

That is funny, but I am offended by your Utah County comments. :)

Kate said...

I am with your sister, give UT COUNTY a break. Yeah it's a little claustrophobic but that's what you get with two universities so close together. I have lived here for 8 years and I told my hubby we're not moving..
Come on Hayley!
p.s. I would have to agree with you when it comes to any towns south of Provo though! They're too redneck down there.

Hayley said...

what i have against it holly & kate is how freaking hard it is to find parking down there. i'm not knocking byu, rednecks or anything - i just get severe road rage. i don't have to like it. i don't have to date someone down there - its far for a girl way out in west jordan!!! so there! (i'm only sorry that i offended hannah, for the record!)