2.10.2008

history of marge... and some jack

so "marge" and i went out tonight. first to dinner at johnny's - one of my jordan landing favorites. i had a caesar salad, as I was trying not to go buck wild. then we went and wandered around barnes and noble, best buy & target before seeing a later movie. we get quite slap happy when we have time to waste. loud obnoxious fun is had by us. i'm sure all the people around us tonight thought we were drunk. her funniest thing tonight was in target when she was trying to look for the special "hearts" kind of reese's - all she could see was the giant ones, on the 3rd shelf. i was down the aisle. so she held them up and told me to look for them. i couldn't find them down my way, so i wandered down her way. hello, they were right underneath, on the 4th shelf. so for the rest of the night, as we're walking through the store, we thought it was so funny to stop and say we're looking for something. like if there's 2 stacks of towels. one brown and one black - i'd point to the brown ones and say "where are the black ones just like this" ok. we laughed so hard. i'm sure people thought we were special.

anyway - i got to thinking. here's why i picked "marge" as her/his nickname. in real life - his last name is simpson. in hawaii & many many years ago, i always called him homer. so when i decided to pick a female name for shim, i went with homer's counterpart - marge. does that make sense, or do i need to club you? just thought you should know that i didn't really just pull that name outta my butt.

one thing i did do - seriously - is check out the new jack johnson cd. fabulous! i'm going to have to get that bad boy pronto. if you haven't - hear it. if you're a fan, you'll love. immediately.

now there was an amazing concert. someday - a dream of mine - is to go to hawaii & see him perform. i doubt it'll ever happen, but a girl can dream! did you know that jacky boy grew up in hawaii. knocked out his front teeth @ pipeline - surfing??? i used to live right down the street (ok, one needed to drive) from that beach. many a saturday was spent laying out there... ah the good ol' days.

13 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like you had fun last night. It is fun to shop and just be crazy with a friend.

Jan said...

I love it when you can just be with someone and have fun and be nuts together. Fun evening!

Holly O. said...

My house smells like skunk. Random, yes, but thought you should know. And you two are craaaaaaazy. Are you on hold yet for jacky?

Jori said...

I love laughing and acting like an idiot, it's SO fun! Glad you had a good night. I love Jacky, thanks for the info.

PS-I have been to the pipeline. Scared the living crap out of me just looking at the water, I don't know how people get in it.

Kate said...

When did you live there? My sister attended BYU-H and I flew out to visit her twice, in '02 and '04. Were you there then? She met her husband there..

Hayley said...

holly - now i am

tara said...

holly my house smells like skunk too. Glad to know it's not our nastiness...

Love the fact you and marge can just let it all hang out and be yourselves. oh, and thanks for the JJ tip. He a goodie.

Tiburon said...

I will have to add the Jack cd to my list. I am glad you got some laughing and silliness in. You needed it. Does your house smell like skunk too?

Heather said...

I got that cd last week and I do love it. I got it for like $9!! You know, Jack is a fav of Hopes and mine. Sounds like you and Marge had a good night.

Emily J. said...

It always good to have crazy friends. They keep life interesting!

Suzie said...

oh so that was YOU at Target!
I indeed think it was two drunk teenagers. j/k

100 Percent Cottam said...

i love the history of marge. you're a smart cookie. i expected a logical explanation, or course.

feltc said...

Thanks for the background- love a good nickname with some significance. Nothing like crazies with a friend- it's been a while since I've been that way and I'm feeling the urge.