2.13.2008

day's events

i woke up this morning & jumped on the treadmill for a half hour. i was too wiped to do it last night. actually, last night - i was asleep before 9 pm. since when am i such an old lady?!? went to work, had an adventurous day. left work tonight & headed to get my haircut. in the middle of a blizzard. it took me 45 minutes to get 5 miles. spent almost 2 hours getting my eyebrows waxed & haircut. then, spent over an hour in the car to travel 7 miles home. it was stressful driving. i never spun a 360 - but i definitely didn't have control of my car a good portion of the way home. but eventually, i did make it home safely. and on a 7th try, even got my car up my driveway & in the garage. hair news of the day: i now have bangs. 6 months ago, i asked for them, didn't get them. tried again 6 weeks later, still didn't get them. now - i got 'em & i'm not sure i want them. i'll probably cry tomorrow morning, while attempting to "do" them. just got off the treadmill again. i managed not to eat myself out of house and home today (calorie wise) so i'm hopefully officially back in the game.

do you ever get the feeling "i have to be really good right now, so my prayers can be answered"??? i have a few very dear friends right now that are struggling. my prayers have serious purpose right now. one of my good teacher friend's first grandbaby was born last night. 3 months early. mom and baby are not doing well. i can't imagine what they're all going through. i can't imagine a baby less than 2 pounds. anyway - i always struggle when people are struggling & there's really nothing i can do for them. it just makes my heart ache.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your hair. Sorry to hear about your friends. Keep praying for 'em.

Jan said...

That's how I feel when friends and loved ones have big problems that I can't fix. I just ache and hurt for them -- so I'm with you. I too have some friends that really need prayers answered so I need to be on the right track to aid in that process.

100 Percent Cottam said...

eeks, sounds like a day and a half. i hate driving in the bad weather. can't wait to see the new 'do. so sorry about struggling friends - i feel the same. so much sadness and trials going on all around me. it's just...sad.