2.05.2008

"bob's your uncle!"

I found this list on wikipedia today - when i was looking for jumping car with cables instructions. very much so not what i was looking for, but oddly quite entertaining. i'm going to start incorporating some of these terms into my vocabulary. its a tribute to my heritage ;) and - just plain funny. don't worry - not all of them. just some. i'll try one a day for a while!

also - i've simmered. (why do i find myself having to simmer down so often?!) brooke & chris are going to come help me tonight, after my meeting. john offered, but i can't make him miss work. plus, brooke says chris is good with cars, so we should be ok. i'm trying hard not to be a complete grump and jerk today.

10 comments:

Heather said...

I use arse all the time, I like balls-up, I'll start using that one.

Heather said...

Those are fun, I didn't know bugger meant...that!

Jan said...

I grew up in Canada and bugger was really a bad word for us. I liked balls-up too. Heather and I are on the same page!

Jori said...

Thanks for the list Hayley. Those are pretty funny. Ryan said fanny is a super bad word in South Africa. Glad you are getting help with your car, I hate car troubles.

Kristi said...

Your fine--your allowed to be grumpy when family leaves and yuor car breaks down. I need to check that list out.

Holly O. said...

Uh oh, bugger is one of my favorites!

Melissa said...

Totally off the subject, but...did you go to Cafe Rio? How was it? I need details!

Jori said...

heehee I'm married to a "boffin" I can't stay off of this list.

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooh, john offered to help. nice.

Kate said...

My brother served his mission in London, so he came home saying some of these terms. Not bugger though of course! I watch Man vs. Wild on Discovery Channel and he says "Bob's your Uncle, Fanny's your Aunt" all the time..