2.05.2008

beyond rage

so this morning, my car battery is dead. again. i replaced it a little over a month ago. luckily, holly was able to drive me to work. but unfortunately, i'll still need to figure out what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks to do about it, how to get home, etc. i wasn't thrilled about having to say good bye to connor and will. i was already going to have a sorta down day. now i'm having an extremely pissy day. the kinda day where i didn't eat breakfast, until i got to school & cracked open a dr pepper. and a little package of runts. great - this whole diet thing - not happening today, i can already see. oh, and - i forgot to bring a lunch, so i'll be eating school lunch. AND, i forgot my cord at home, so my laptop will only last so much longer, before it dies. which sucks a major butthole.

i took yesterday off. got a great sub that i use whenever i can. left detailed notes/plans. come in to work this morning to find that the typical off task kids gave her a run for her money. and the naughty ones were definitely testing their limits. and someone was bugging my little boyfriend, so he got in trouble and ended up in the principal's office. i'm so mad at them. let me tell you, they're not going to have a good day. they wouldn't have had a good day had my day started off fantastic. they better watch out, or else i'm going to take away christmas, too.

what i wanted my evening to look like & what i can already see its going to look like are two very different things. which really sucks. i've got lots of laundry to do, a kitchen to clean & an empty, quiet house to mourn and straighten. now, i'm sure it'll stay a pig sty & i'll be just happy if i can accomplish a working car battery. and treadmill time? not likely. i guess maybe i'll just stay fatty mcgee for another week or so. cause there's a whole sleeve of thin mint cookies in my freezer screaming my name right now.

i don't even have the energy (or battery life) right now to post about last night's fun blogging dinner or my lunch date that i had yesterday. with my mood, i wouldn't be able to do either of them justice right now, so. more details to come there, later. when i don't feel like knifing everyone's face off. except holly, who did me a huge favor today, connor who was the sweetest little guy this morning, and will - who even though he was mad & crying when i kissed him goodbye, still made my day, just because he smelled like only a baby can smell.

AND - I WAS JUST REMINDED THAT WE HAVE TEAM LEADER MEETING AFTER SCHOOL. HOLY CRAP, MY BLOOD PRESSURE HAS TO BE THROUGH THE ROOF. I'M SHAKING I'M SO PISSED RIGHT NOW.

12 comments:

Tiburon said...

Suckity suck suck! I am sorry. I hope your day surprises you and things turn around. :)

Mom said...

Sorry you are having a rough day. Glad you had the fun time with Will and Connor.

Emily said...

That sucks. I am so sorry! Glad the weekend was fun and I hope your day/week gets better!

Christie said...

I'm sorry you're having such a crappy day. Car troubles are the worst.

But, if it makes you feel any better (and it just may, since misery loves company) I can tell you that the diet thing isn't happening for me this week either (as I sit here drooling for some choco chip cookies my coworker brought).

Jan said...

Crappy crappy day for sure. I'm so sorry! Just hang in there and wait for it all to end. (it will, that much I do know.) Sigh.

Heather said...

Hayley, that totally sucks about the car! Those mint cookies are calling my name too, all the way from UT, I love those!! Hannah didn't sell GS cookies this year,bummer for me. I hope your day gets better, and those kids sense the danger they are in :)

Tiffany said...

I hate crappy days! I hope it gets better. It was fun to meet you last night and I really look forward to reading. You can rant like nobody's business--my kind of gal!

Kristi said...

Oh man, Hayley! Sorry it was such a sucky day. I hope you don't knife anyone's face off :) You did make me laugh, though, even though you were so mad!

Holly O. said...

Sorry Goose. I thought you handled that mess rather well. That mess being the car. Not the state I left your house in. Don't knife my face off for it, please.

Melissa said...

Glad you can get it out of your system...sometimes it just makes you feel better to vent!

You crack me up by the way...sucks major butthole is making me laugh way hard!

100 Percent Cottam said...

mercy me, that is one sucky day. i do love it that you said:
a)what in the h-e-double hockey sticks
and
b)knifing everyone's face off.
you have a way with words.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i forgot to add:
suck a duck.