1.27.2008

wow. a flood of memories

(Brittany, me, Kate, Shawn, Karyn & Megan in the front)

I've always kept in touch with my freshman year roommates, all except one. there was no good reason for falling out of touch with her, somehow it just happened. well, this afternoon, i came check my email & saw an email from her. she left a comment on my blog! this is why i love blogging. sure - new friends, you're all great. but i love keeping in touch with oldies, too. here's a bunch of pictures that i just scanned... from my freshman year at ricks college, fall of 97 - spring 98. wow. i'm so old!!! and i was so skinny. shoot.

This is my one and only threat to Megan & Brittany. You need to get your blogs started, pronto. I have many embarrassing pictures that I'm more than happy to scan & post soon.

Kate and I thought we were bad-a for sharing shirts.
We danced around like fools all the time. We had so much fun. Kate's in the background...
This is a random picture, but it humored me. This is why my dad loves me. cause i'm a slob, when i want to be. this is a picture of me, home for some break i'm sure. look closely at the side pocket on the backpack. notice anything? and yes, i wore that yellow jacket. with pride. i didn't want to get lost in a snowbank. and do you like my green lacy bra? i've definitely chillax-ed on the lingerie.

Sometimes I get a little sad, I think I've changed so much. I think about how just 10 years ago, I was a spaz. Yes, a spaz - I've acknowledged it. But I was a spaz who knew where she was going, in some aspects. I knew I was going to be a teacher, at least. And, lets face it, i'm still a spaz. It hasn't all worked out the way I would've liked, but some has. And, thankfully, I still have a lot of people in my life that I love & better yet, people that love me.

11 comments:

Jori said...

whoowhoo fancy bra girl. You are such a cutie. I love taking a trip down memory lane. Life is constantly changing who knows what the next 10 years will bring. I bet something fabulous.

Holly O. said...

It pays to chill-ax on the lingerie when no one is seeing it. No one new, I should say. Not that anyone was seeing it back then. Never mind.

Jan said...

Fun memories -- it's great to get back in touch with somenone from the past.

100 Percent Cottam said...

yahoo, nothing like a trip down memory lane. you're so cute.

Girl James said...

I love these pictures Hayley! I swear I just got done looking at my college days a few years ago. I've been thinking, "damn - i still look pretty great since then" UNTIL i looked at those pictures! Yours are cute and don't you just love the cinderblock walls in every shot?! Ahhh Mormon colleges

Mom said...

Happy memories. You had fun and made people happy. You still do.

Hayley said...

just in case anyone cares, to clarify for holly, since she seemed to be trying to out me, no one was seeing my bra back then.

Schagel Family said...

Great pics. SO much crazy fun we had then. Thanks for the trip back.

Christie said...

I'm stalking you from the BL3 - you have such a great blog. I've lurked here many-a-time. What a great post today - it totally brought me back to my college days. Ah, the memories!

Kristi said...

Nice pictures!! I love that blogging has brought you and your friend back together. Nothing beats an old friend and your memories together,

Kate said...

Hey! I had no idea you all had been keeping in touch! I thought we had all just gone our separate ways..oh well..at least I found ya now! What's Megan up to?