1.04.2008

two days left

last year i had this boy in my class. he was a twin. he had lice 4 times. me thinks his family is polygamist. but i can't prove it. and unfortunately those kids are wierd enough that you could never catch them in a lie or something like that. they were extremely low children. this young child was a sweet boy, but didn't know a lick of anything.

so he just came into my room (after school) to tell me with his double jointed, dirty fingers that there are 2 days left until his birthday. "miss jones! 2 days left!" "til what?" "til my birthday!" "your birthday is January 6th?" cause today's January 4th. correct me if my calculations are off. "no." "when is your birthday?" "march 14th." oh. yeah, cause that's in 2 days.

sweet child.

10 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

awww, sweet, simple polygamist children. and who says inbreeding ain't good fer ya?! he'll make a great husband to one of his sisters in a few years.

Kristin said...

Special kid...

Jori said...

Wow two more days! crap that means I forgot my anniversary it's on March 9th.

Emily said...

ha ha ...i don't know what to say.

hunter said...

Oh boy.

Mom said...

You better put that on your calendar, for sure.

Heather said...

Heather said that not hunter.

Jan said...

That's pretty sad. I'm with Emily -- not even sure what to say to that one. Poor kid.

Tiburon said...

I used to work for some polygamists. It was crazy. They once took me out to lunch and I was explaining that I came from a big family with lots of kids. And the guy said "yeah, me too". Then I explained - "well, my mom has been married a lot" and he said "Yeah, so has my dad!"

Like about 13 times! ;)

Melissa said...

It surely takes all kinds...I am sure he has a "special" spirit!