1.07.2008

there's a way to be good again

Tonight, my bookclub ladies went and saw The Kite Runner. Many of you know, this is one of my favorite books. Let me just tell you - the movie was fantastic. I was nervous the movie would be disappointing, cause I cherish the book. It wasn't. I would suggest reading the book first - but then you should definitely see the movie. Both are profound. Both are memorable. Both are disturbing. Both make me ever so thankful for my country & for our stability.
Two of my favorite quotes:

"I don't want to forget anymore."

"For you, a thousand times over."

Facinating! Take a tissue or two, of course - but run and see it as soon as you've finished the book. The author, Khaled Hosseini is intriguing to me. He even has a blog! :) He even had a cameo in the movie. Watch for him!

9 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

need to read the book. need to see the movie. i'm so behind.

Heather said...

Oh I do love that book. I'm sure the movie is very moving. (movie is moving hmmmmm)Did you read his other book about the women in Afganistan? Another great one. What book are you doing next month?

Jori said...

I just barely saw the previews for this. I remembered how much you love the book. I will put it on my library list. Read Life and Death in Shanghai by Nien Cheng it's great.

Jan said...

I loved the book. Actually just finished it a couple of weeks ago so it's fresh. I suspect the movie would be very disturbing but would make me grateful for the life I lead here.

Mom said...

Read the book a couple of years ago. Will go see the movie when your dad gets home from China.

Emily said...

Where have I been? I haven't heard of either one. It's on my list.

Jori said...

Hayley, I think Life and Death in Shanghai would be a great book club book.

Kristi said...

Oh man, I Have GOT to read this book!! I have been meaning to forever, and now I'm dying to see the movie. Thanks for sharing the hot tip :)

Melissa said...

One of my all time FAVORITE books and I too was afraid to see the movie, didn't want a disappointment. But you are now the 2nd person who told me it was wonderful...I'm a believer now...I'll see it soon!