1.04.2008

swear words are swarming in my head

i was in bed last night, asleep by about 10:00. 11:45 - a smoke detector starts beeping. it woke me up. instantly i knew it was the one in my room, cause it had been so loud. my heart was pounding. i felt rage. before i even knew why. i went and just turned off the circuit breaker for the smokies. it beeped again. son of a ... which reminded me that i hadn't replaced the battery for my carbon monoxide detector. which is in my bedroom - right under the smokie. so i pulled that sucker out of the wall, pulled the battery out, drained it & then hid it in my laundry room, with the door shut. luckily, i crawled back into bed & fell asleep fairly fast.

except i started with the crap of waking up in the 4's. i sat there and worried about will... i don't know why, but it happens a lot - me waking up about 2 hours before i need to be & worrying that i'll over sleep.

and i forgot my pedometer this morning. crap. if there's a day that i'll fail & have a dr - it'll be today!

7 comments:

Jan said...

ARGHH!!! Hate those noisy things and hate waking up and worrying about stuff that you can't do a thing about. I do it all the time and it's no fun. Sigh. I'm with you on the swear words!

Jori said...

I just posted about the middle of the night worries. Everything seems so bleak at night. Sorry about the smoke alarm wake up. Those things drive me batty.

Mom said...

So glad it wasn't the smoke alarm. Looks like you will be buying more batteries for the carbon monoxide alarm.

100 Percent Cottam said...

dude. smoke alarms bring out the rage in me. so sorry about that. and the early morning worries, too. sucks.

Kristin said...

And how is your day going?!!?

Emily said...

I hate fire alarms and even when I change the batteries them always seem to keep beeping. Grrr...

hunter said...

Man, it seems like those crappers always go off in the middle of the night. Mine usually go off when Scott is out of town. ERRRRRR!