1.19.2008

persuaded by her evil eyes

Last night, Kim & I watched the PBS Persuasion that Kristi was so excited about. I'll admit, Persuasion is either my first or close second favorite of Jane's books. (after Pride & Prejudice) I'll also admit, that I enjoyed the show. Mainly cause I was enjoying the commentary going on between Kim & me. I hated with an utter passion how Anne Elliot kept looking at the camera. It creeped the heck right out of me. Every time she'd do it, I'd get scared. Kim didn't like her teeth. We enjoyed creating our own dialogue, too. Once again, never a dull moment when just hanging with Kim.

Case and point, yesterday we were in my classroom after school. I was trying to help her come up with something to write down on a piece of paper she needed to hand in before she heads off track. Another 3rd grade teacher, who I find quite entertaining, popped in my room. We got a little distracted & started talking about Milli Vanilli. (Her sister's on a mad hunt for their album. anyone know where we can track it down?!) And I shout out, "Girl you know its true!" and Kim finishes off my line with belting out a lively version of "g-g-g-girl... oh oh oh I love you." I died laughing. I love people with wit & humor. Anyway, always good times to be had just chillin' with Kim. (I'm going to miss her dreadfully while she's off track)

Then, this morning, somehow Heidi talked me into going to her fancy pants gym with her. I got on the elliptical. (She'd let me borrow one of her heart rate monitors) Darn workout. I imagined a tough workout, going from a treadmill to an elliptical. But this thing kept telling me my HR was too high, to slow down. I wasn't sweating though & I didn't even feel exerted at all. So I spent the hour trying to go slower. (not so fun!) I wanted to be challenged. But I did enjoy boogie-ing on the elliptical with my ipod & trying to maintain some balance. I'm not going to lie to you - I almost fell off once, cause I got a little carried away with my groovin'. Then I made the mistake of telling Heidi I wanted to lift weights. Boy, did I feel the workout then! Pretty sure I worked muscles today that my brain had forgotten existed.

Last highlight of my day: going to pick up Punky Girl (Annie) from her first ski lesson ever. That girl was pumped to go. She came skipping to the door this morning. When we got her at Alta, she was excited, but exhausted. Adorable, of course. She loved it. But. Was. Hungry! Just another milestone in that little girl's life. She's getting way too big. Way too fast.

7 comments:

Jori said...

You are getting in good shape! I can do the eliptical for about 10 minutes before I am ready to die.

I liked this Anne better than the first persuasian. The other one never smiled and was too mousey. I didn't really notice the eyes, but you're right she did do the creepy stare quite a bit.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i liked this anne, it was captain wentworth that i couldn't groove with. i SO love the old captain wentworth. but overall, i liked it.

i'm in love wit' you girl! i'm in love wit' you girl girl girl! i'm in love wit' you, i'm in love wit' you, i'm in love wit' you girl girl girl...

Jan said...

I'm a big fan of the elliptical -- it's my favorite and now I'm starting back on it on Monday. I'm sure it will be a few seconds at a time but I"ll work back up to my 45-50 minute!

Holly O. said...

Blame it on the rain. Didn't we have a pretty awesome number to some of these songs? I'm pretty sure we did.

Holly O. said...

PS-Tell Kim to get on the blog bandwagon. Threaten violence, you are good with that.

tara said...

I totally had some smooth moves to a few songs too. Blame it on the rain was my "special" number for sure.

I think that that chic has horsey teeth. Seriously. I'm sure it's a great show but COME ON with the teeth...

Kristi said...

Oh man, I liked this Anne, buttdid have some issues like her hair (does the bun need to be so tight?) and all of the running (I actually like running, but in a Jane Austen movie without Nikes? Not so much) but overall, I liked it and think Wentworth is pretty. :)

Way to work the elliptical and weights at the gym!! I have got to start weight lifting. I can't find the motivation yet...

I wish I could help out with the Milli Vanilli prblem. They still hold a special place in my haeert all of these years later :)