1.02.2008

stressful, but good

i got to school this morning at 7. only to have to wander the halls for 20 minutes searching for someone to open my door. upon getting into my classroom to find that the teacher that tracked off before me left plenty of junk for me to take care of. another 15 minutes sucked up. then our 2nd grade work room was locked so i couldn't get certain supplies that i needed. fun. then the office was finally opened & i found that i have a new student. started today. and i don't mean to be the world's worst teacher, but this girl was slightly annoying. i tried so hard to be patient with her today. i hate the booksmart, but helpless type. honey - i know its your first day, but if you're so dang smart, listen to instructions, stop talking & read directions. and get your darn work done, at some point! this girl better wise up fast, else she might get a verbal lashing from me.

i have to admit this: i didn't really miss my students last month. in fact - i didn't even think of them mostly. but today, i was so excited and happy to be with them. i love my class, oddballs and all. even my 2 most difficult kids (which might be replaced in that title) charmed me a bit today, what with getting work done, not fighting & not having absolute tantrums in the hallway.
even though nothing went right for me today, and i spent way more time than should've just trying to get doors unlocked - it was good to be back. the kids were good (tired?!) and we took it pretty easy. i told them not to get too used to it. once my room is fully organized again, it'd be back to me busting their chops. i told them to enjoy this short week while they have it.

my kids even noticed my charm bracelet. oh boy did we have fun talking about what we got for christmas. seeing as how my good momma spoiled me this christmas, too.

now, its off to the treadmill. my dogs are barking, but i gotta do it. i snuck in one last peppermint hot chocolate tonight. oops!!! (luckily How I Met Your Mother Season 1 was in my mailbox today!!! can i get a wha- wha?)

12 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

wha wha! that show is legen-wait for it - dairy. enjoy your time with barney & ted & all. sorry about the stress and the annoying new girl. is her name natalie? i spent much of elementary school with the title "annoying new girl". hopefully she'll catch on to the ways of miss jones soon.

Holly O. said...

Glad you got that show. It is funny funny funny.

Heather said...

Natalie made me laugh. Sorry annoying new girl was...well annoying. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day and you won't waste half of it trying to get dumb stuff done!

Jori said...

I am glad the class noticed your charm bracelet, observant little "oddballs" heehee you crack me up.

Melissa said...

Glad your back with your munchkins, I know I was promptly getting mine out the door just in time for school! Yeah for teachers!

Emily said...

Just think of all the calories you burned runnin' around trying to get doors unlocked.:)

Mel said...

I'm glad you survived yesterday. I forgot to see your charm bracelet. Come and show me!

tara said...

K. I'm gonna have to get that show. Never seen ONE blasted episode and ya'll never quit lovin on that show. It's high time I see what the fuss is all about.
Hope today is better than yesterday. Maybe annoying new girl needs you to slip her a little benedryl.

Jan said...

You made me smile with your stories about school and the annoying new girl - I'm afraid I get that thought about a few new Primary kids from time to time.

Mom said...

I miss you. We had lots of together time last month. Glad you are enjoying your Christmas gifts and back to school with a smile.

Kristi said...

Hayley, you crack me up. I hope today was a better one with your chitlins. I need to check out this show asap!

Tiburon said...

I think I have a girl crush on you. You make me smile. All.the.time.