1.06.2008

juno

holy cow. friday night, "marge" and i went and saw juno. and its a fantastic movie. very funny - but it made me cry my heart out. there were parts in there where jennifer garner's character was talking about how she'd always wanted to be a mom & i couldn't stop crying. to the point where i wanted to b*tch slap my own self to make me get a grip. i get super emotional about movies. not so much real life (living in denial anyone?) and way over associate with characters. great show, but total heartbreaker to me. (also - jason batemen's character - oh so maddening. reminded me of a certain ex)

also - saw P.S. I love you. Eh. It was cutesy. Darn good looking men in it, I'll give anyone that. But I don't really love Hilary Swank. for sure not in romantic roles. and you know? I also don't think its fair that someone gets to have 2 great loves in life. (i didn't really give anything away - watch a preview...)

and for all of you unbelievers - here's another reason i know marge and i won't work. when i was crying - the whole way home - i didn't want to talk to him about it. i wanted him to shut up. and i just wanted to be alone. if we were meant to be - there would have been a "moment"

11 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

oh my, i laughed and cried, too. and i was thinking that people would cry for all sorts of different reasons - not having kids being one of them. but such a lovely movie. and hilarious. but also just smart and right on and so real life. the "i just need to know that 2 people can stay in love forever" line from the previews was such a heartbreaker and just so right on for our world. such a good movie. definitely at the top of my list. glad you likey-d.

Heather said...

Sounds like a good movie. I'm so lame lately, I just say to myself, I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. Then I forget what it was I wanted to see. Oh man!

Holly O. said...

I'm with you on PS I Love You. Another leading lady and the movie would have been much better.

Tiburon said...

Both movies I want to see. I need to get out more often. Next time take me instead of "Marge" - we will have a moment. I guarantee.

Jori said...

I'm with Heather. Always thinking I will wait for the DVD and then forget about the movie. Just from the preview I could tell I will cry my eyes out. Sometimes I won't watch a movie just because I don't want to be taken on an emotional ride.

Jan said...

Haven't seen it yet and won't go see the Hilary Swank one because I'm with you, not a fan. But juno sounds like a winner to me.

Kristin said...

I haven't seen either one yet, but I'm glad to know which one to watch and which not to waste a sitter on. Juno will have to wait though...we've got a sitter next weekend, and it's Nick's pick. National Treasure is on his list. (I know...we're behind!!)

tara said...

why have I not really heard much about this movie? It's going on my list...when I'm in the mood for an emotional yo-yo show.
TOTALLY agree on the PS show. Could have been better...

Kristi said...

Oh man, I really want to see this! I'm glad you liked it--now I need to get my booty in gear and check it out. Also, thanks for the tip on PS I Love You--I think I'll skip that one...

brookey said...

brilliant show, huh? jason bateman's character was my favorite.

Melissa said...

Man, you have seen some serious movies girlfriend!! I've got to catch up.