1.30.2008

i've got the nine o'clocks

9 pm hit & i feel like i've been up for three days straight. but i didn't even work out tonight (really) cause i got a phone call. who wouldn't rather spend the hour talking & getting to know someone? (heather) but - to ease my guilty conscience for not getting back on the treadmill, i totally jogged for 10 minutes in p.e. with my kids today. and maybe i didn't break a sweat (at least not til we played "quick feet" a fun little game) but - i got my 10,000 steps in today. what's the worst that can happen? i don't lose weight tomorrow morning? pretty sure that's not happening anyway. oh the worse thing that could happen is i gain weight back. that'd not be good.

the thing that has me alarmed about this whole early to bed thing is 2 fold. a)i don't want to get up in the morning, either. i'm still pooped. but - at least i'm sleeping solidly through the night. 2)i used to be a late-go-to-bedder. i functioned just fine on less sleep. why oh why is exercising cursing me? i thought my energy levels were supposed to go through the roof. not sink me into my mattress.

oh & ps - i'm in love. (no not due to ldssingles, wouldn't that be a kicker?) my little new student. he's so sensitive & tender. and loud. (aspergers) but he's sweet. and today when I told him I loved him, he didn't even hesitate to tell me right back. plus, when he told me about all three of his Rafael's & acted out their figurine stance, my heart couldn't help but melt for him. and in case you didn't know - "night vision rafael" has very squinty eyes. and when he asked me who my favorite ninja turtle is, i didn't hesitate to tell him "michaelangelo" (not necessarily true, just came to mind first) - he burst out laughing. cause that's funny. ??? anyway - he's a sweetheart.

how much money you wanna bet i won't be awake at 10? food for thought and words to live by. 'night!

8 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

awww, hooray for a new lil' sweetie! you need that with your little bogger eater problem child. i need to get my butt in bed myself. nighty night.

Jori said...

Seriously, you are the sweetest teacher ever!

Kristi said...

Talking to Heather is WAY more mportant that exercise. In fact, have her call me around 4:00 pm (that's when I'm going to the gym) :) Just Kidding. You really are one sweet teacher. This boy is lucky to have you and your love of michaelangelo!!

Tiburon said...

I wish you were MY teacher! And also, I never got an email... just saying.

Jan said...

You totally do need a sweetie in your class -- glad you got one. And I have to agree on the exercise. I'm back on the elliptical now and I'm pooped all the time. When do I get this big energy rush???

Hayley said...

kristi - i wasn't talking to heather, getting off the treadmill. i was talking to ldssingles guy. as much fun as talking to heather is, if she knew i was on treadie, she'd make me keep going :)

and tiburon - no email has been sent out, yet. BUSY!

tara said...

darn it all. you so deserve a sweet kid like that. I love that he showed you the little poses. that's really so sweet:)

you guys are NOT convincing me to strap on the gym shoes yet. Seriously, that extra energy better be just around the corner or I'd be kicking it to the curb. Way to keep going though. Ten lbs is AWESOME:)

Heather said...

I'm glad you have a cutie in your class. I didn't work out yesterday just so you know...it was my rest day. Call it your "rest day", you are good to go. Maybe you are just a freak of nature on the whole energy thing just kidding, I'm sure you will even out soon. Or maybe your body just realized how good it is to get good long sleep. Oh oh oh if your body likes the prune juice, just drink...prune juice. We might laugh at you a little bit, but if it works, it works!