1.01.2008

don't hold your breath

because i really am not good at keeping with resolutions. in fact, usually don't even bother setting them. but. i'm ready for some change in my life. i'm ready to stop growing, in a certain aspect. and by that, i mean my waistline. i'm ready to grow more in patience, spirituality, patience, forgiveness, generosity, love and patience. but, i'm also needing to develop a little more self control. like, to stop after 3 oreos, instead of a whole row. better yet, not to make desert a nightly activity. its time to stop pretending that food makes me happy. cause buying a whole new wardrobe this year, the next size up - that doesn't make me happy. i got this treadmill this year. now i'm going to make it earn its keep in my dining room. and i'm going to do better at food journaling, for real this time. (please bully me jori!)

and - wait for it - less dr pepper. i can do it. i know i can. pray for me. (no seriously, that's probably my biggest downfall!)

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Good for you, Hayley! You can beat that dern Dr. Pepper and kick it where it counts! I have the same struggle with the Diet Coke, so you are in my prayers :) It is one my list of things to go this year...

Emily said...

Yay, Hayley. I'll bully you right along with Jori. She's got me into the food journaling too. As for the D.P good luck. I'm trying with the Diet Coke/Diet Mt Dew but I LOVE it sooooo much.

Jan said...

You're awesome. You can do it. You're strong, smart and cute -- how can you lose, right? Hang in there!!

Amy said...

Love the Barney reference. "Wait for it" has also shown up at our house! HIMYM, rocks! Good luck on your resolutions! It's all about moderation, I think. I'll let you know how that goes. :)

Jori said...

I'm going to be on you like white on rice. Mmmmmm rice.....

100 Percent Cottam said...

nice work! those are great. i need to write some of my own.