1.22.2008

answer time... not for the weak minded!

Jori's Questions:

Why did you decide to be a teacher?
Well, when I was little, for a short time I wanted to be an astronaut. I thought space was amazing. I was so interested in the solar system. Still am, its one of my favorite things to teach. Then for a short while, I wanted to be a lawyer. Cause I liked yelling at people. and cause I can argue my way in and out of anything. But I had amazing teachers & I think sometime by 5th grade, I knew that's what I wanted to do. By high school, I didn't question it. I took classes in high school even that were leading me down the elementary education roadway.

What made you want to live in Utah? After living in Hawaii for 2 years, I knew I wanted to be near family. That meant Utah, Texas, or Illinois. I also had a lot of friends from college living in Utah. I also knew that I could easily get a job, with reciprocity from a Hawaii license easily in Utah. So I just ended up here.

Favorite Movie of all time? Geez, that's kind of a hard one. Gone With the Wind? I have loved it since I was little. And I don't think anyone can fully understand me without a love for Scarlett O'Hara. But I love many kinds of movies. So this could change depending on my mood.

Favorite Vacation? Oh, dear. I don't know. I've been spoiled with vacations in my life. I've been so blessed to travel all over the place. Our cruise in September was definitely one of them. But then there's Paris with my parents. Truckin' around in their first snow in years was quite memorable with Neddie. Sticking my knees in ol' biddy's backs in Sydney ranks right up there, too. And there's always camping out at one of my sister's houses, hogging their babies.

Last person you chewed out? That would be my student that I mentioned previously. Boy did he have me fired up. You don't want me fired up people!

Where did you meet weenie boy? (Vehia will now forever been known as "weenie boy") We met in Hawaii, through mutual friends. Unfortunately my attraction for him was strong. We kept in touch & a couple of years later, when we both ended up in Utah, we hooked up.
How long did you date? We dated for way too long. What a waste of my life. But for a grand total of about 3 years total, over the course of almost 4 years.
Did you meet his family? I met his family in December of '05. They came over from Tahiti. I spent about 2 weeks with them, pretty intimately - I mean, I spent a lot of that time up at a cabin with them.
What did your ring look like? My ring was gorgeous. It was a thick band. White gold. And a fully bezel set round diamond. I still have it actually.
Who called off the engagement and why? I thought I'd elaborated on this in the past. I guess not. He called off the engagement, sort of. 3 weeks before we were supposed to get married, he called the temple & cancelled. The temple called me. Yes, I found out that my wedding was cancelled from the temple worker. I may or may not have sworn at the poor person. Seriously, went into shock. He'd not been planning on marrying me the whole time. He'd lied like the dickens & basically was living a double life. When he was with me, he was in a couple, but when he wasn't - he didn't tell anyone about me. We always spent most of our time at my house, not his. His roommate was clueless. About 3 weeks before this happened, he'd collapsed (i like to the the little ounce of a conscience he had was eating at him) and was taken to the hospital. That was the only reason his roommate had my phone number - in case something happened again. Later, his roommate became a very good friend. In fact, he asked me out eventually, but - he wasn't a member of the church. The weekend that everything happened, he was already moving out, but when he found things out, he said he would've moved out anyway. So, all in all - weenie boy was a big fat liar & had been manipulating me for a long time. Don't worry though, in the long run, he ended up having to pay my parents back for a wedding that he fully participated in planning, but never planned on going through with. what a disgrace to his family, huh? (polys are big into honoring their families...) so - there. he called it off. if you have more questions, i can tell you... i just don't know what else to say. i don't know how much you people want.

Emily's Questions:

What's your most recommended book? Probably The Kite Runner. Its one of my favorite books. Or The Book Thief. Or To Kill A Mockingbird. They're my top favorite. But I love reading, a wide variety of books. So also, this depends on my mood.

Have you ever dyed your hair a strange color? Never dyed my hair. In Hawaii, I put lemon juice in my hair when I was laying out a lot. It actually really did bleach out my hair. I look at pictures of back then & am amazed at how blond I was. Other than that - its always been au natural...

What's the strangest thing you ever done in public? Um... I don't know. Mooning people while driving down the streets? Danced like a retard with my sister in the car, while driving? I'm usually so reformed and proper.

Natalie's Questions:

Have you ever been in love? How many times? I don't know. I have thought I was in love. I'd say I was in love 4 times? Don't ask who though.

What kind of car do you drive? What is your dream car? I drive a 2004 Nissan Altima. a dark gray "slate" color. My dream car is probably some suped up version of the new altimas. their butts are so cute. I love the interior of Nissan cars. I want one with leather seats & bum warmers.

If you could live absolutely anywhere, where would that be? I don't know why, but I've always wanted to live downtown somewhere, in a city. And live in a big brownstone. Seriously, don't know why. Cause truly, if I really wanted to do it, I could now. But I'll stay in my nice little suburban townhouse.

Do you have a most embarrassing moment? Oh geez. Its pretty hard to embarrass me. When I was a little girl, I ran up and grabbed onto a man's leg who I thought was my dad. Turns out it wasn't him. He was a man in our stake, in fact our stake president. Or there's the time that I bent over & farted in front of my dad. Ran out of the room crying, in pure embarrassment. My brother in law, Scott still makes fun of me about that one. (I was about 12)

Tara's Questions:

Looking back, did things turn out for the best? (Tara, I'm assuming you're talking about things with weenie boy... if I'm wrong, sorry!) Luckily, I felt that instantly. I mean, as soon as the shock wore off. I wasn't desperate to get married. I wanted to marry him. I loved him. I thought it was mutual. I immediately felt extreme amounts of gratitude that things worked out the way they did. That I didn't end up marrying that creep & find out later what kind of person he truly was. So yes, they absolutely did turn out for the best!!!

Have you ever hit anyone? and why? Oh sure. I'm not opposed to using brute force as a means to get people to submit. Holly and I used to fight like cats and dogs. My dad and I punch each other all the time. In fact, the more abusive I am with you, the more I like you. If I've never hit you, beware! I'm not that comfy around you! But as an adult, I've never gotten into a fight. I'll honestly admit though that there are times when I'd like to back hand a student or two. just on occasion.

Best physical feature? My eyes? I get complimented on them all the time. To me, I just think "eh. they get the job done"

Worst NON-physical characteristic about you? I have an unforgiving streak to me. I hold grudges. I see people's faults sooooo easily. I can write someone off like blowing kisses in the wind. that's a lot of bad qualities...

Worst date ever? Goodnight... I don't know where to start. But I'll choose one that comes to mind quickly. My friend Sue set me up with a kid "who is so funny." there was not an ounce of humor the entire night. plus he was short. and nerdy!!! and he wore socks with his sandals & shorts. I vowed never to let Sue set me up with someone again. She clearly didn't get my style.

Melanie's Questions:

Favorite dessert? Root beer floats. That either my daddy or I made. Or another Jones who's pouring root beer (of course the right brand) first, then adding ice cream (breyers, dumbass) and then more r.b. One could really mess up the floater with not getting it right!!!

Where and what would be your perfect vacation? Either Europe or Hawaii? But Europe's only drawback is language. And Hawaii's drawback - been there. done that. I don't know... I just love traveling.

If you could go back and change any day what would it be and how would you do it differently? The day I first decided to date weenie boy.

Holly's Question:

Would you consider being artificially inseminated? Totally... If I were married. and my husband was sterile. I mean, for me, the whole point of getting married is to have the chance to have a family. First words out of my mouth to my husband are going to be "impregnate me" - if he can't do that... there will be other means. (people, i'm joking!!!) But not as a single person.

Kristi's Questions:

How do you feel about PDA? I don't like watching it from other people. Mostly I give wicked stink eye, mutter under my breathe, and mock them cruelly. If its me, and its random & cutesy, I'm ok with it. I hate people that are all handsy though. I don't mind holding hands, as long as I don't think its cause someones trying to mark their territory. AND. DON'T. WALK. WITH. YOUR. ARMS. AROUND. EACH. OTHER. I'll hate you forever!

How do you feel about people who let their cats crawl on their kitchen counters and then cook you dinner? Ah Kristi... I'm a little worried about this question. Are you a cat person? I pray not. 1) I try my best not to go into someones house if they have a cat. 2) surely, I wouldn't eat there. I feel very, very bad about it!

Have you ever considered moving to Texas? Austin, specifically? Well, actually I did once. The Houston area. But since my one reason for doing that is soon moving away, nopey. Sorry.

Where do you find all your good book recommendations? wow... thanks... i take that as a compliment (she said she liked them) I've been in my book club for over 7 years now. I take notes when people make recommendations. I look on Barnes & Noble. I use my library, have my card number memorized & frequent their website. I love to go and pick up holds. I also love to go just wander up and down the rows at the library. Also do that at B&N, with a little paper. Then I go and get books on hold.

11 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

as always, lots o' good stuff. straight up jones. that's how i like it. i think i want you to make me a rootbeer float. that sounds pretty amazing.

Emily said...

Wowie! Sure can learn alot about someone when you ask questions! Thanks for sharing, glad you aren't involved with weenie boy anymore. Can you say A--HOLE!?

tara said...

Yes. Turd-hole was exactly who I was talking about. Thanks for the answers:)
Good grief. you all are serious about your RB float making. My favorite part of your whole post was "dreyers, dumbass". only you,hayley can deliver like that:)

Mom said...

Enjoyed your answers. Love how you can move on.

Jori said...

"Impregnate Me!" hahaha. Oh my goodness I am loving you so much. "Dreyers dumbass" Oh boy. Thanks for the scoop on weenie boy-ew! You have said before that it was called off 3 weeks before the wedding but I didn't know why. I'm so happy he had to pay your parents back. I can't BELIEVE the temple called you and told you it was caleld off. What a coward! You are right, so good you found out BEFORE the wedding that he was in fact a "weenie boy."

Heather said...

That was fun, thanks for the laugh this morning. xo

Jan said...

Loved your answers -- weenie boy is worse than a coward. And he is the one who is now missing out.

Jori said...

I just remembered something. There was this Polynesian guy who worked with me. He was LDS and married an LDS girl. They have 4 kids. He dumped his wife and kids to go back to New Zealand to be chief. His wife hasn't heard from him in years. What the heck right? I'd say you dodged a bullet.

Kristi said...

Oh my word--I freakin heart you, Hayley! You make me laugh to no end! What? You don't like a boy who wears shoes & socks? Ooooh, this girl likey!! :) I love good answers, straight up style. And Hallelujah you are rid of weenie boy. whew!

(PS--I was kidding about the cat question--I think it's pretty sick. my questions were retarded!)

Melissa said...

Good things to know about you Hayley!! I am with you on the whole cat thing...I knew someone who let their cats wander all over the countertops and into the cupboards...gross me out totally!

Julie said...

You are the funniest person ever. You totally made me laugh- thanks! My favorite reply of your was about your eyes! I do miss talking to you Hayley!