12.17.2007

"tell it to my heart"

i had a day o' eating. lunch at the dodo. my favorite. their delicious salad, ham & swiss sandwich with a little bbq sauce for dipping & then even a few bites of my favoritest toll-house pie. dinner tonight at tepanyaki. (more on that later)

spent the day wandering around gateway with heidi & kids. we had fun. the kids hit built a bear & were in love. i was sweating like a whore in church. note to self - don't offer to hold all coats, while still wearing my own when a shopping excursion will take over an hour. seriously, got light headed. we also hit the planetarium & a little 3D Imax movie. santa vs. the snowman. (so thankful i didn't have to pay for my own movie ticket though - i would've been a little pissed. emma had tickets) then we wandered around and did some more shopping. heather - i may or may not have gotten another peppermint hot chocolate.

but hey - in all of this - only half a can of dr pepper. water at the dodo. nothing in the movie (what?!?) even tonight at tepanyaki, i got water.

which brings me to dinner at tepanyaki. a couple weeks ago, when "marge" and i went to st. george, marge tried to test my intelligence. she likes to play games with her ipod on occasion. see if i know who the artist is. too bad for her, i'm not as dumb as i look. the proposal was put out there, "if you guess this artist, i'll take you to dinner at tepanyaki." well - if you know me at all, you know a few things. momma likey tepanyaki, first of all. its a benihana type resturant. so that was some major motivation right off the bat. so i thought & searched my memory bank for a minute. and before i knew it, i shouted, "TAYLOR DAYNE!" and i was right. so tonight marge took me up on that offer, cause she's nothing if not willing to fulfill a promise.

good eats people. which means happy hayjay. we'll see what tomorrow can bring. i hear there's a chicago style dog place in the ft. union area. we're going to scout it out tomorrow, heidi & i. we'll see if they're allowed to claim it. if not, i'll be sorely disappointed. cause just thinking about chicago dogs has me drooling for some frankly yours. i'll let you know!

11 comments:

Jori said...

Oh baby! Those frankly yours dogs are looking quite delish! I love me a good pickle too. Your Gateway day sounds fun. My momma and her twin sister were there too. Did you see any cute 55 year old twinners walking around? They ate at California Pizza Kitchen. Good luck with your hot dog night.:)

Mom said...

What a great day. Sounds like so much fun. I might just need to go to Frankly Yours and enjoy a real Chicago Hot Dog.

Heather said...

Oh thanks a lot Hayley for the picture of the Frankly Yours. Frankly, I need a Chicago style hot dog,a nd that pictures just looked way too good!!!!! Oh AND the pie. Ahhhh. I have no good food in this house, although I am going grocery shopping. Sounds like a good eating day to me. And fun shopping too. Gotta like that.

Holly O. said...

You probably are so well-versed on Taylor Dayne because I used to listen to that tape constantly. I bet I still have it somewheres. haha. Now I want some old school, remember when I was 10 years old music!

Jan said...

Loved the eating post - -now I"m starving! And I love me a good Chicago Dog -- I think my best bet that I know of here is Costco. Sigh. (at least it's cheap!

Shelley said...

Totally sounds like a fun day! :) Peppermint Hot Chocolate! Total score! :D

Tiburon said...

So glad that Marge fulfilled the Tepanyaki promise. He is a good woman! ;)

100 Percent Cottam said...

tampanyaki with marge?! sounds fantabulous! did you guys make out? why can't i stop myself from doing that? also, jealous of your shopping day. and i may or may not have had peppermint chocolate last night, too. mmmm.

Hayley said...

natalie - you really just want me to be a lez, don't you!?!

tara said...

ha ha. lezzy hayley:)

I thought I commented on this before...my bad.

I love tepanyaki, except that you walk out smelling like meat for a week. nice.

glad your food was up to par:)

Kristi said...

You cracked me up with your description of marge and her promises fulfilled. :) And all of your yummy food talk is making me hungry.