12.09.2007

sickness, swordfights & lots o' movies

this morning i woke up to having hayden crawling into bed with me telling me he felt sick. i don't blame him. it was hotter than some one's armpit. i slept last night in my undies. no sheet & a fan blowing on me full force. still had cleavage sweat. ick. my hair was nappy when i woke up. momma no likey. i don't think hayden was lying at that point - i think we all felt sick from heat. i finally buckled down and turned on the air. air conditioning in decemeber? pure madness. especially cause my friends in utah keep texting me telling me about the snow we're getting dumped with.

we've watched a lot of movies today. i'm trying to buy their love, you see. totally working for everyone except hayden, who keeps telling me i'm mean. cause i'm not letting him grump at me. and, i'm not letting him eat candy and junk, cause he's sick. sick enough that we couldn't stay for all of church, cause he "felt the throw up in his mouth" - which, ew, if you think about it. but its ok. i love snuggling and napping and watching a movie. or four.

when i want the kids to do something - i talk in like an old italian man. it works wonders for making them do whatever i want them to do. its gotten piano practiced tonight, clothes & toys put away, and bathes taken.

oh - and we had a sword fight today. a) hunter's brutal. he gutted me a few times. b) hayden's got more swords than i've ever seen. he kept coming down with new swords. c) i'm a scrapper. i can hold my own in a sword fight. made me a little proud of myself today.

8 comments:

Mom said...

Hey matey, sounds like fun. I love the accent to get their attention. Movies and popcorn sounds like a good day to me. Hope none of you catch Hayden's "sickness."

100 Percent Cottam said...

did it cool down there? it was like 85 at noon and 40 degrees at 3. weirdness! texas weather is crazy. sounds like you guys are livin' it up, as always!

Tiburon said...

LOVED reading about your cleavage sweat. Made my day. Sword fights rock. I hope you have fun tomorrow. :)

Kristin said...

Sounds like you're having so much fun. Eat up those bubbs while you can!

Emily said...

Oh man I hate cleavage sweat, blah. In our housr a sword fight mean something eles. Hope you all cool off and no one else gets sick.

Jan said...

We've had weirdo weather here -- in the 80's on Saturday and early Sunday and then 40 later on -- it's freezing today. And just FYI -- I'd love to hear the old Italian man accent!

Holly O. said...

Emily...sword fight has another meaning in your house? Niiiiiiiice.

Jori said...

Cleavage sweat is the worst. The only thing worse is when you find a piece of a tortilla chip crammed between your girls. Ew! Sorry, I get excited when I eat, the food goes a flyin' and I don't know where it ends up.