12.19.2007

one proud auntie

that's me. yesterday i went to annie's school christmas program. that girl sings & shines. she beams. i love watching her perform. i've never known a kid that doesn't get at least nervous. its like she sits there & says "bring it on!"

tonight was her ballet dance recital. i can't even give you words to describe how sweet it was. she watched her teacher. she kept the beat. she radiated. it melted my heart. i'm tearing up just remembering. i was the biggest boob during her performance. (note - that doesn't say i had the biggest boobs...) but it was sweet. so special.

too bad for me, i left home without my camera this afternoon. so i was also bozo auntie who didn't get any pictures tonight!

funny of the day that she said: she was talking to me, while i was talking to porter. clearly not paying enough attention. she said "hottie. look at me!" and when i didn't, "HOD!" it cracked me up. she's nicknaming my nickname.

7 comments:

Jori said...

You are such a sweet aunt! You have been able to catch a lot of the kids performances this year. I bet they LOVE having you there.

Mom said...

So glad you were there. I really get the feel for what happened from you. "Hod" makes me laugh. As she grows up that might stick.

Jan said...

I love it. She loves you so much and it's so important to her that you were there and watching. I'm so convinced that the kids these days need the love and support from lots of people - and you are that support for her.

Emily said...

What a fun auntie you are, even if you forgot the picture taker!

Shelley said...

I love that she nicknamed your nickname :) I don't love that you didn't bring your camera! HELLO! First rule of Best Auntie club is that you carry your camera in your purse at ALL TIMES! Put it in there NOW.

100 Percent Cottam said...

you really are the best aunt ever!!! how sweet are you, seriously?

Kristi said...

Nicknaming your nickname?! That's pure genius. I love hearing stories about this girl, she sounds like a keeper. And one lucky niece to have such an awesome auntie.