12.16.2007

lame - o!

I just caught myself being the biggest old lady. now granted, i did screw myself up with sleep Friday night, seeing a late, scary movie. And - I am sick with a nasty cough. and perma headache that i can't seem to kick. no matter the intake of drugs.

but here's what i did: its 9:30 at night. I caught myself thinking I need to go to bed, because in 12 hours I need to be at Heidi's house. cause we're spending the day at gateway, shopping and dining, if i'm lucky @ the dodo. since when do i need 12 hours to prepare myself for something like that?

when i've got a nasty cold. and when i'm off track. i'm smiling about the off track part. and the shopping with the kiddies tomorrow part. not the cold part.

10 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

i like a woman who takes her shopping and dining seriously enough to rest up for it. i should do the same. sadly, i won't be shopping at the gateway, but it is past time to hit the grocery store. it's looking like ol' mother hubbard around here. i'll also hit target. because it's monday. and i don't need any other reason than that.

Jori said...

Shopping and dining at the Gateway? I am SO jealous. Well jealous of the shopping not jealous of the brrrr brrrr weather. I hope your cold feels better. Take down a piece of pie for me today.

Mom said...

It is 4 degrees in Chicago. What is your temperature? Keep warm and have fun today.

Jan said...

Sounds like a fine thing to rest up for!! I like it that you mean it when you talk about shopping time. Hope you get rid of that cold -- I have one coming on I think and I need it to GO as I have foot surgery scheduled for Dec. 28 and they won't do it if I'm sick.

Shelley said...

Needless to say I'm jealous.

I hope you got your rest! :) We want a full report of the shopping goodness!

PS, I got your Christmas card! It's so pretty! Thanks! :D

Tiburon said...

I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully an afternoon in the cold sucked the ickies out of you! (I think we went to bed about the same time that night...)

Kristi said...

Stinks to be sick, Hayley--sorry. But old lady? I don't think so!! 12hours of sleepsounds heavenly. Of course, I also wear orthopedic shoes and use a walker... :) Seriously though, sleep is my favorite activity, so I say right on sister!

Heather said...

Sleep sounds good to me. Oh and so does the Dodo. Did you get some pie?

Emily said...

Shop away. I've had the same type of cold for like FOREVER. The headache hangs and won't let go. I feel for you!

tara said...

you just have your priorites in order. sleep, food, and shopping. In that order:)