12.18.2007

johnniebeefs & moosebutter

Well, its true. There is a place in the Salt Lake Valley that does Chicago style hot dogs right. Not the french fries, but they were still tasty. The owner & a few employees are native hometowners. On the walls are Bulls clocks, Harry Caray pictures, '85 Superbowl Bears pictures, Wrigley Field pictures. I didn't want to leave. I just wanted to sit there all afternoon and soak in the homey-ness. (for all you locals, its in the fort union area & well worth a visit. i want to keep this guy in business. go. eat. enjoy.) you can even print an online coup!!!
before we went there though - we hit the southtowne mall again for another free concert. today was one of the kiddo's favorites - moosebutter. holy crap. i've heard them before and was a little too cool. and its true - they're so goofy. but especially live, hysterical. we got there early, had front row seats. the kids got a cd signed. the kids were on the radio. we went and talked to them afterwards. so cool. its just a bunch of guys from byu. if you have children who like silly things, you definitely need to check them out. heidi almost got dragged onstage today. i was barking like a mad woman. good times!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Fun, I love me some entertainment. I've never tried a chicago style hot dog, am I really missing much. I don't really like hot dogs.

Mom said...

So glad to hear they have some good hot dogs in Salt Lake vicinity. Did you get any pictures at the mall concert.

Holly O. said...

My feet smell tonight. FYI. I really need a new pair of slip on shoes. Hurry up Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiburon said...

Trying to imagine hotdogs but all I can think about are Holly's stinky feet...thanks for that ;)

100 Percent Cottam said...

mmm, i could go for a dog. or some pizza. or a cupcake. i'm so hungry.

tara said...

hotdogs are heaven sent. And from a native SLC girl, I even love dogs from gas stations and ball games. I've probably never had a REAL dog.

Jori said...

I love hot dogs too! They really are quite disgusting but they are mmmmm mmmm good!

Heather said...

Oh that makes me home sick too. Sounds like a fun day. Heidi would have been something up there!

Shelley said...

Anything that makes you bark is a GOOD thing. I've never had a Chicago style hot dog, but next time I'm in Utah, I hope they're still in Business! (I doubt I'll make it to Chicago anytime soon either... Utah is more likely.)

Jan said...

I love hot dogs -- now I want one. Costco may be my only answer.

Kristi said...

Sweet! That restaurant sounds delicious. Yum. The conert sounds like fun, too...man, you know how to have a good time :)