12.23.2007

christmas eve's eve

Holly just held up three fingers and told my dad to read between the lines. my dad was nagging about holly's filthy car. come on. bring on the family love. last night we went to the Nativity Story at Tuacahn & came home to find that the dog's had gotten into my mom's goodies. and chewed on a couple of presents under the tree. i thought holly was going to rip some heads off bodies. (this coming from my sister who said she would never was the not like her dogs, they were a part of her family) my mom asked me to rub her numb food today (gangrene anyone?!) and since i know that i'm going to be spoiled rotten tuesday morning, i did it. and i made her cry. pretty sure that i won't get asked again. i cracked some toes. i forced her into submission. next my silly dad got down. i was helping him stretch. i found a perfect place in his neck/shoulder region, that if i pushed just hard enough, it made both of his legs kick up. hehe. i'm evil, yes i know. connor's finally asleep - we're hoping he stays that way for a while. he went to bed last night a little too late & got up plenty early today. (church was really fun, let me tell you. luckily, the candy only ran out 5 minutes before sacrament ended) plus, we're huddled at the table eating all kinds of yummy treats that i think i'm the only one selfish enough to admit that i don't want to waste on a two year old. no appreciation. i mean, throw some goldfish at the kid, right?! we really are having fun. eating. remembering our past holiday traditions. hojo has always been the christmas nazi. don't ever forget that & don't think that much has changed. for the record!

6 comments:

Holly O. said...

haha. Hayley isn't the only one who doesn't want to waste goodies on Connor. Grandpa just shook the baby into being happy. Hayley took care of it for me. I might have to do the three fingers again at my dad.

Jori said...

When you rubbed feet did you get a whole quarter?(sorry couldn't resist a Christmas Vacation line) I'm glad you guys are having fun. Merry Christmas!

100 Percent Cottam said...

ah, families are fun. christmas with the jonses is bound to be a party. can't wait for full updates...

Jan said...

Sounds like a fun time to me -- love the family rundown! Have a great time together.

Emily said...

I love me some family fun. I agree whole heartedly a two year can not appreciate a yummy Christmas goodie. Throw up the cheerios and save the good stuff for yourself.
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS. I HOPE YOU GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT! ;)

Mel said...

Sounds like you're having a great time with your family. Yay!! I love this time of year. I loved that Holly did the three fingers. Hehe!