12.05.2007

at the playground, in her room - anywhere

Holly and I are two years apart. Sometimes we fight like cats and dogs. I think its fair to say that we can bug the crap out of each other better than anyone in our respective lives & yet, we probably can have that same amount of fun - just being the world's biggest nerds.
these pictures are darling little gems i ran across this afternoon. i found her dancing in her room with, yes, underwears on her head. she's either a junior or senior in high school. and she was dancing to michael jackson. oh my sister.

and then there was this time we were downtown chicago. being big city girls. we were at some museum. either the planetarium or the musuem of science and industry or the shedd. i can't remember. that's not the point though. the point is - we were surrounded by ethnic people or all sorts and colors. (i'm thinking it was the aquarium more and more) and you must know that she called me Iesha regularly & i answered to it. cause we were bad-a-double-s's. and we listened to another bad creation's music. (in case you forget - click on this link to watch the video) back to the story... so she's across some big room from me & calls out "Iesha!" while I was busy looking at something across the room... So I yelled back, "what?!?" in a fairly irritated tone. We looked at each other. froze for a moment - then realized that every black person in the room was starring at us. so of course, for the rest of the day, she called me Iesha - just in case anyone was following us around to make sure we weren't mocking their kind. (that part is fabricated for the humor of the situation)

good ol' hojo. we can think each other crazy all we want - but its time to face it, some of my best memories include her. i love her. as i love all of my sisters. (have i mentioned before that another reason i love my sisters is cause of the children they bear... for me to adore?!?)

8 comments:

Holly O. said...

Ummmm. I have nothing to say. I did do this. I probably still would if my undies were that small. And yes, they were clean. I have no idea why underwear ends up on my head. I'm crazy like that.

100 Percent Cottam said...

ooh, those photos are the best!!! holly is crazy, if it's not a lampshade on her head, it's undies.

Kristi said...

I LOVE those pictures!!! How awesome that Holly has underwear on her head :) hee. I also feel a special connection to you ladies now because I too was a big ABC fan (and coincidentally a bad-a :) I love that you are so tight. Good times.

Kristi said...

I LOVE those pictures!!! How awesome that Holly has underwear on her head :) hee. I also feel a special connection to you ladies now because I too was a big ABC fan (and coincidentally a bad-a :) I love that you are so tight. Good times.

Emily said...

Hee hee...That sounds like my bro and I once we hit highschool age. I still wish I had a sis, although if I did I don't think my mom would have spoiled me as much as she did. Hmmm...I haven't put undies on my head in awhile, I Jess would get a kick out out of it.

Jori said...

You girls kill me! I love that Holly told us they were clean. I was worried about that.;)

Jan said...

Undies on her head -- I love it. And I love, love love her calling you Iesha! When we were in Nashville, I'm afraid we had all kinds of made-up names along those lines.

Shelley said...

I love that you are crazy/kooky with your sisters. (I'm sure its not just limited to Holly... you'd be that way with any sibling I'm sure).

The pics are priceless. lol And Iesha? HAHAH!