11.11.2007

what a weekend

Friday night, i went over to Brooke's house & visited with her. we grew up together. she's one of my oldest friends. its fun to visit with old friends.

Saturday, i met Melissa for lunch - we sat and visited for a while. i loved getting to know her, at least in person. (i didn't feel awkward about meeting her, i was just excited!) she's a beautiful person, physically & personality wise. and, we ate at kneaders, one of my favorite places.

after that, i ran to meet Heidi & family to see the bee movie. which was altogether entertaining. it was hilarious to me how exacerbated Annie got with the previews. she kept yelling "hottie, do you want to go see that one, too?" and this is also where she told me about all of her programs coming up. primary program. school program. dance recital. gotta get those on the calendar pronto, there will be no missing of those. actually, their primary program was this morning. i went. they were adorable, all of them. Emma's growing up to be such a beautiful, lovely young lady. porter, he just melted my heart today. and Annie, she couldn't stop smiling, which meant i couldn't stop crying.

there's something about kids singing about Heavenly Father. just warms my soul. that and patriotic programs at school - I'm like a blubbering fool. call me miss cries a lot. i love kids - they have such sweet, innocent spirits. yet, they always have that devious smile there, keeping you on your toes. and yes, i love deviance. it makes me feel at home.

also - as today is Veteran's Day, I want to express an appreciation for the people that have served our country, protecting each and every one of us. I'm thankful for the troops of yesteryear and for the troops today.

11 comments:

Emily said...

I love the primary program. There is always a wonderful spirit durning it. Sounds like a good weekend. I too appreciate the troops, they do sooo much and get very little credit.

Jori said...

I've said this countless times, but you are the BEST aunt in the world! I love how much you love your nieces and nephews. You really appreciate the special things about each one of them.

tara said...

hayley...how cool are you that you'll sit through concerts, programs, or WHATEVER your nices and nephews may be up to. It's just so sweet. For the record...I tend to tear up just a WEE bit during the primary program too:)

tara said...

oh...and YAY for you and Miss getting to meet each other. You're BOTH super:)

Girl James said...

Hi Hayley! Sounds like you had quite the busy weekend. I have never heard of the bee movie - but well...sounds interesting for sure. Glad you got to see the kiddos you love so much!

100 Percent Cottam said...

sounds like a lovely weekend. you're so sweet to make the kiddos such a priority. i love the primary program, too. i always bawl.

Melissa said...

I heart those primary kids! Those programs are always filled with the spirit!

And thanks again for meeting me for lunch...it was great! Thanks for posting nice comments about me, although what are you REALLY going to say..."Man that Melissa, I was really disappointed! She's a dog and absolutely the most boring person I've ever met!"

Good times, Good times!

Kristi said...

Hayley, you are such a sweetie pants--I LOVE how much you love your nieces and nephews!! And I only wish I was there to go out to lunch with you guys!! It sounds like one fabulous weekend.

Heather said...

YOu are one good girl,sister, friend and auntie Hayley. I could go for a little kneaders right now!

Jan said...

I love reading your comments about kiddoes -- I love them too. You and I are on the samge page with that. I love the Primary program - -ours is Sunday and it will be awesome, I know, just because the kiddoes are that way.

Tiburon said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I need to take my kids to the Bee Movie. And now I want some Kneaders! How come we haven't met up? ;)